The Product Engineer is a part of the Grundfos Packaged Solutions engineering team and supports the engineering design and maintenance of newly developed products. This position is key in maintaining understanding of engineering concepts and technical principles related to mechanical aspects and controls of hydronic systems. The Product Engineer will work in Value Engineering process and capabilities to support design cost initiatives. This position will report to the Engineering Service Unit Manager and work out of our Brookshire, TX facility. Qualified candidates will have work authorization to work in the USA. We cannot provide work sponsorship for employment for this position.
- Coordinates product market requirements by collaborates with sales management, procurement/suppliers and manufacturing to develop mechanical and hydronic packaged assemblies for commercial building services, Water Utilities, Industrial and OEM.
- Generates higher level documentation for technical and production use within the company and suppliers.
- Establishes procedures to determine the most suitable parts and alternate choices considering costs, reliability availability, and market preferences.
- Possesses knowledge of mechanical and controls aspects of hydronic systems best practices and safety requirements to generate and analyze designs.
- Creates, modifies and revises mechanical drawings, documents, and schematics to support product design and manufacturing.
- Applies codes found in UL and NFPA. Creates and updates safety agency reports in conformance to codes.
- Analyzes designs and modifies mechanical and hydronic system assemblies.
- Prepares, coordinates and leads design activities as needed.
- Supports technical proposal activities as needed.
- Strives for continuous improvement in product development and processes.
- Understands system requirements for electrical and mechanical systems on the equipment.
- Selects and specifies material and components, including the evaluation of vendors’ offerings and drawings, to assure compliance with new product requirements and specifications.
- Generates Engineering Change notices when required.
- Maintains project files and ensures timely completion of deliverables according to the schedule.
Required Education & Experience
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; or a combination of training, education and experience. And a minimum 2 years’ experience with a mechanical equipment packager or a consulting MEP engineering firm.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Plumbing system design and Water Utility piping and equipment sizing and selections.
- Knowledgeable of basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing general requirements and specifications.
- Proven ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and independently prepare design drawings with a high degree of accuracy to meet priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with complex drawings such as but not limited to structural shapes, piping, instrument diagrams, general arrangement drawing, electrical schematics.
- Strong ability to problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Possess strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess a proficiency in the use of MS Excel, AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar design software
- Experience working in SAP and ERP systems proficiency is preferred.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.