Would you like to set the direction for value engineering across electronics in our world-renowned, sustainable pumps?
As our senior engineer, you will become a part of our new Design to Value team and collaborate with specialists from across the value chain to cost-optimise products and ensure that quality is always top of mind.
”Your new team is a priority in Grundfos, and as our senior profile within electronics, you will shape the way we approach materials savings and see the difference you make to the end product.”
Be part of a mechatronics expert team from the very beginning
Value engineering is not a new discipline in Grundfos. But to strengthen our cost reduction function, we are now centralising our expertise into an international and cross-functional team of specialists across mechanics and electronics.
Working with agile principles, your team’s mission is to identify and implement potential materials optimisations in all products we have in production.
Ensure innovative cost optimisations across the value chain
As a senior engineer, you will come up with the design to value ideas, processes and methods that shape how we optimise products in the future. You will be responsible for overall deliveries related to electronics, but you will also work with cross-disciplinary changes as well as hands-on design of product changes.
Driving the process from ideation to implementation, you will take up a very outgoing role, collaborating with stakeholders from Purchasing to Production and guiding non-senior colleagues.
To a high degree, you get to influence your own position, but your overall tasks will be to:
- Analyse products for potential cost savings and initiate projects for implementing changes
- Coordinate, plan and prioritise optimisation activities with specialists from across the value chain
- Design product changes related to electronics and complete technical documentation
- Specify tests in compliance with norms and product approval standards
- Follow up on, analyse and provide preliminary conclusions on tests to approve or deny product changes
- Visit productions across Europe, the US and China 5-6 weeks a year to provide guidance and ensure that the finished product is produced in accordance with specifications
Product development and electronics experience
- You have experience with product development within electronics, preferably including experience with value engineering/cost reduction activities
- You have experience using tools such as PADS, SAP or another ERP system, master data and quality tools
- You know how to navigate in a complex organisation where you need to collect input from and provide guidance to people from other departments to reach a shared goal
- You communicate fluently in English
- It would be a great plus if you also have experience with mechanics and software, but it is not a prerequisite
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Design to Value Dorte Jepsen on +45 5232 5124.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than February 25, 2020 by clicking on “Apply”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.