Are you looking for an exciting internship within Mechanical Engineering and do you have a soft spot for analysis and technology development within sound and vibration? Then this may just be the internship you are looking for!
This is your chance to work with some of the sharpest minds as you do an internship within Mechanical Engineering focusing on sound and vibration technologies. You will be part of the Department of Mechanics & Materials. Here, we are 20 colleagues responsible for development of new technology within mechanics, simulation and material engineering across Grundfos. As part of our team, we guarantee a steep learning curve and we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you – and hear about your ideas.
What is the job about?
We believe that everyone in Grundfos has passion and potential – as well as the power to influence. This is the environment where you will do your internship. We imagine that you will work with developing and maturing new concepts, mainly within sound & vibration. The internship may contain everything from CAD and simulation (FEA) to experimental measurements as well as other interesting tasks within mechanical engineering. An example could be building and validating new simulation capabilities.
More specifically, you will:
- Engage in a creative and open environment working closely with simulation experts, developers, material specialists and the Sound & Vibration Lab
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers from other disciplines such as controls, electronics, fluid mechanics, hardware etc. in order to solve the challenges related to sound & vibration, which are truly multi-disciplinary
- Work with Finite Element simulations, CAD and measurements including e.g. model validation
We expect the internship will start in August 2020 and end in January 2021. You will be working for 37 hours a week at our headquarters in Bjerringbro, but we are of course ready to schedule your working hours around exams and school work. There is a possibility of working from home on agreed days.
What do you need to apply?
- You are studying at bachelor’s/master’s level within Mechanical Engineering and possess knowledge within theory of elasticity, Finite Element Analysis, Matlab (or Python) and vibration theory. Skills within CAD work are preferred.
- You show initiative and work proactively and independently on new assignments, as this will help you make the most of your time with us.
- You have an international outlook and speak and write English fluently.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. Joining us in your internship, you too can drive this change while improving both your skills and resume. You become part of one big powerful team in an inspiring, learning environment - an opportunity you do not want to miss.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lasse Søgaard Ledet, Senior Specialist, Sound & Vibration at +45 26 84 25 12.
If this sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 30th of April by clicking on the link “Apply for this job”. We encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.