The Production Scheduler is a key position in the Supply Chain Management function and in Peerless Pump Company as a whole. The Supply Chain Management function plays a central role in creating customer satisfaction. The function is responsible for developing and managing the Peerless supply chain, while ensuring purchased & in-house manufactured materials are available and on time to customer expectations, in a financially responsible way. The Production Scheduler will report to the Planning Manager and operate daily out of the Indianapolis, IN facility. Candidates must have authorization to work in the USA. Relocation support for this position cannot be provided.
- Responsible for scheduling the production of pump equipment based on customer demand, material availability and available production capacity.
- Maintain master schedule dates on a consistent basis, reflecting the most accurate schedule possible.
- Move job production orders when a schedule date or required date is changed.
- Organize and understand the critical scheduling for consistent, on time delivery performance.
- Create and release job production orders to stores and machine shop with sufficient lead- time to pick and assemble/test the order.
- Manage the on-time delivery of equipment to the customer within the specified lead times, and hence taking the lead on expediting will be required when deviations occurs from the original plan.
- Set priorities for Store Room personnel as to which jobs to pull.
- Daily meetings to update order status.
- Promote a team atmosphere by providing backup to other schedulers as needed.
- Help achieve the departments on-time delivery and overdue orders goal.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Representative, Machine Shop Supervisor, Test & Assembly Supervisor, and Logistics team to ensure an on-time completion of production and delivery to the customer.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture
- and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or in related field of study or equivalent training and work experience. A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. English proficiency is required.
- Possess a positive, professional attitude and competitive personality.
- Detail oriented and very well organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and achieve deadlines.
- Good understanding of machine shop and test/assembly processes as well as warehousing and the flow of production materials.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Sound understanding of MRP and knowledge of MRP tools.
- Proficiency in various computer systems including SAP, Microsoft Office Tools, Excel etc.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.