General Summary: Responsible for developing and improving production processes to improve safety, increase efficiency and help drive lean manufacturing initiatives throughout the organization. Involved in the new product development process, ensuring the proper design for manufacturability and smooth transition from design to production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Recommend specifications and designs, lead and/or facilitate start-up, training, and commissioning of production equipment and machinery.
- Act as project leader for small-to-mid scale manufacturing process improvement activities with emphasis on inter-departmental coordination and implementation.
- Develop, implement and maintain, in conjunction with the Quality, Engineering, and Production Departments, control instructions and work instructions.
- Investigate equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Propose and implement cost reduction projects.
- Recommend and implement proposals for capital projects.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Perform process capability studies and train personnel on utilization of same.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of manufacturing/production equipment and process.
- Basic experience with CAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Previous work in an environment utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Proven experience implementing cost reduction projects.
- Experience in the use of basic problem-solving tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with others.
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams and projects.
Education and Experience: BS in Industrial Engineering or equivalent. 5-7 years’ manufacturing experience preferred.
Comments: Must be able and willing to travel, including international.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.