We are seeking a Manufacturing Project Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Product Management, in Grundfos Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. You will work with global projects in Grundfos Operation. Projects can be new product development projects or other projects linked to manufacturing equipment. The purpose with this position is to bridge the collaboration between Grundfos development and manufacturing. Projects in Grundfos Operations are often global which makes coordination and collaboration between worldwide manufacturing sites essential to have success, therefore strong leadership skills will be required. This position will operate out of the Brookshire, TX facility. Qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will have the product perspective towards Operation working with different global projects like new product development projects.
- Coordinate activities between Grundfos operation units, Center of Excellences, Group Supply Chain, Group Environmental, Health and Safety, Operation Strategy and Local Manufacturing Project Managers.
- This includes initial communication to stakeholders, agree needed resources, set the project team, agree deliveries from Group functions and Local Manufacturing Project Managers.
- Accountable for deliveries from Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain (stock, distribution, logistic, safety level, ramp-up).
- Ensure Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Group Supply Chain and manufacturing deliver as agreed and according to the stage gate model.
- Accountable for content in Design For Manufacturing (DFM), Design For Assembly (DFA) and Process-Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (P-FMEA).
- Accountable for equipment investments, description before project is approved and monthly follow-up including actions if not according to plan.
- Ensure that all Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain and manufacturing evidence towards the gate meetings are agreed within Operation and fulfill requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Operational Management, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience within a mid to large technical organization.
- Must possess a PRINCE2, PMP, IPMA and other relevant certification(s).
- Familiar working in SAP or similar system for handling process documentation along with strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite products.
- Successful track record supported by strong recommendations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience in leading project teams and achieving productive results.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a global cross-functional environment.
- Ability build teams and to motivate and coach others in project matters.
- General technical knowledge in mechanical or electrical design and development of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to make timely decisions, deal with ambiguity, and work in a change driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company, and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30 days per year including international travel and weekends. Thus, candidates must be able to maintain a valid passport. The job may require work hours that exceed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to meet deadlines on projects.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.