Would you like to set the global standard for how we provide expert vibration knowledge to our customers?
This is your chance to take up a new key position as part of a brand-new global team monitoring and supporting customers through digital solutions. Here, you will help optimise the performance and machine health of our customers’ rotating equipment.
“In the next couple of years, we expect to expand the global team and provide vibration competences to customers and colleagues worldwide, and you will play a pivotal role in this expansion.” - Torben Hadberg, Senior Manager, Monitoring & Support
Welcome to the new epicentre of pump condition monitoring
At Grundfos, we want to help our customers ensure an optimal performance by making digital services an integrated part of our pump and motor solutions. To support this, we are creating an operational team that provides support, monitoring services and vibration competences across our 3 business segments: Building Service, Water Utility and Industry.
Based in Bjerringbro or Brøndby, Denmark, you will be part of a collaborative, agile and international team dedicated to providing excellent customer support and consultancy and scaling our capabilities globally. With your help, we will be able to offer better services and vibration expertise to our customers, grow the global team and establish regional hubs within Europe, the US and China within the next 1-2 years.
Set the standard for our vibration monitoring services
Building and growing the global vibration competence centre, you will be key to establishing vibration-based conditional monitoring services to our customers around the world and improving their machine health.
Together with colleagues within conditional monitoring, you will set the standard for the regional hubs on vibration competences and capabilities and ensure the services they provide become world-class for our industry.
Initially, you will engage with colleagues and customers in Europe and the US, and your primary tasks will be to:
- Drive the shaping and deployment of the global set-up for our vibration competencies based on customer and business needs as well as your experience
- Respond to selected incidents and alarms for key customers and communicate recommendations for actions to our Customer Success Managers or directly to customers
- Develop training programmes on vibration data analysis and conduct regular training for internal stakeholders such as Digital Sales, Customer Success Managers, Field Service Engineers, Application Specialists as well as for specific key customers
- Continuously develop and optimise processes, tools and competences to be applied globally
You can expect 30-40 travel days a year to conduct training, visit customers and oversee the roll-out of the global set-up.
Experienced vibration analyst and communicator
You are a certified vibration analyst (at level 3 or 4), or alternatively, you have a proven track record demonstrating solid competences within vibration-based conditional monitoring and fault analysis.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have practical experience with vibration analysis of rotating equipment, machine health and communicating results and recommendations to non-experts
- Have an MSc or a BSc in engineering, physics, mathematics, data science or similar
Also, it is an advantage if you:
- Have experience with statistics and data analysis within vibration based conditional monitoring
- Have knowledge of specific pump applications within water utility, buildings services or industry
- Are familiar with Python or a similar language for data analysis
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer:
• Flexible working hours and a wide range of employee benefits and discounts
• Access to health and wellbeing initiatives, including fitness center, sports facilities and events and leisure activities
• Access to internal training and great opportunities for individual development
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Senior Manager, Monitoring & Support, Torben Hadberg on +45 2142 0301.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 6th April 2020 by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interviews to be held ongoing.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195 or our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY54t455CU.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.