The Associate Supplier Quality Engineer will work to carry through improvements of supplier quality process. In partnership with the Supplier Quality Manager, this position will create analysis and reports that establishes the capability of the organization’s suppliers and supplier processes to secure the required level of quality. This position will operate daily out of our Brookshire, TX facility. Relocation support for this position will not be provided. Qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA.
- Apply quality principals, analyze quality records, prepare reports, and recommend improvements.
- Conduct inspection, verification, and validation of components or materials used in development processes.
- Partner in developing audit plans for his/her commodity, based on historical results and future expectations, with cooperation with SAM / SQE organization.
- Identify and address recurring problems concerning either the quality of the product or the reliability of testing procedures.
- Partner in developing the given supplier base, that can fulfil current and future requirements.
- Document quality issues and performance measures for management review.
- May liaise with external vendors.
- Deploy quality culture on shop floor, validate operator’s quality competences.
- Possess a quality mindset and work accordingly.
- Ensure working in accordance with the quality competence matrix (Top 10 Quality Tools in Operations / Top 6 Quality in Development).
- Escalate quality issues to potential red alert to Management.
Required Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. A Master’s degree is not required but preferred. Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of solid knowledge of the plans, processes, and activities within Quality. Experience working with Suppliers and Supplier Audits is preferred.
- Experience working with well-defined elements to developed processes within Quality.
- Must be knowledgeable of PPAP; PSW; APQP; Run and Rate.
- Proven ability to contribute to processes or projects.
- Proven ability to contribute to business process within a Quality team.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Proficiency in English is required. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable collaborating with different levels of the organization.
- Experience working in SAP R/3 is highly preferred. Experience working in a ERP module is required.
- This position may require some travel, no more than 15% both domestic and international travel. Candidate must be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.