The Senior District Sales Manager is responsible for growing the Grundfos business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within their area of primary responsibility. The Senior District Sales Manager reports to the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team. This position may operate out of the following cities: Detroit, MI; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Lexington, KY. Candidates must have authorization to work in the USA. Work sponsorship cannot be provided.
Direct Accounts - The Senior DSM is responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts. (OEM, Wholesalers, National Accounts, Etc.), following the Grundfos Selling Process.
Partner Accounts - The Senior DSM will provide sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing an order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process. Additionally, they will lead the efforts to implement Grundfos defined programs.
Territory Planning / Channel Development:
Continually Develop Knowledge – The Senior DSM will continually develop knowledge of the Geography, Markets, Applications and Accounts including market specific drivers, Key Decision Makers (KDM), competitors, and economic conditions.
Plan - The Senior DSM will develop, maintain and execute a territory plan using the Grundfos Territory Planning Model (GTPM) to grow the business and increase Grundfos market share.
Territory Management / Channel Development:
Channel Coverage - The Senior DSM will continually assess current distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans.
Mentoring / Training:
Partner Training - The Senior DSM will provide training on Grundfos products, applications, and sales processes, ensuring that partners become self-supportive and that they effectively represent / promote the Grundfos brand to customers.
DSM Mentoring – The Senior DSM will coach and mentor District Sales Managers
Revenue Forecast - The Senior DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a forecast using the Grundfos Forecast Planning Model.
Expense Forecast – The Senior DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a forecast using the Grundfos Expense Forecast Planning Model.
Reporting / Time Management:
CRM Notes of Activity –
1. The Senior DSM will maintain data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system relative to partners, accounts, and activities in their APR.
2. The Senior DSM will document activities so as to maintain a written history of transactions in their APR.
3. The Senior DSM will document opportunities so as to maintain a written history of opportunities in their APR.
The Senior DSM will manage expenses to an agreed upon level and provide reporting in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
The Senior DSM will prepare a monthly report in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
The Senior DSM will effectively utilize the Outlook calendar on a (45) day window. Consistently completing tasks on time.
Required Education & Experience:
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree technical discipline, engineering is preferred. A degree in business or marketing classes are a plus. A minimum of 3-5 years pump experience is required and must have at least 7 years’ experience managing client relationships is a must.
- Experience managing key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the assigned market segment and a general knowledge of the other Grundfos target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems (VFD, controllers, etc.) for the industrial market.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations at all levels of management and for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Possess excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
- Ability to manage individual expense budget and work with regional team to plan and stay within the regional expense budget.
- Possess an analytical and systematic approach to business processes, Green Belt certification is desirable.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record. Must be willing and able to travel 65% of the time. Must be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.