This position is responsible for a wide variety of service related support functions including, but not limited to providing customer support, conducting maintenance and repairs and troubleshooting Enaqua’s UV water filtration systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for building and testing equipment and its components and providing feedback to the production team to improve manufacturing.
- Provide support to customers regarding installation, operation, and maintenance of company products.
- Research and document all service related inquiries and enter information into a tracking database accurately in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Assemble, install, and inspect new or modified equipment to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Repair returned or defective products.
- Maintain reports using the current service log database software.
- Assist in the design of UV Controls and the development of preventative maintenance procedures for assigned products.
- Program, configure, upgrade, test and troubleshoot UV systems, software, firmware and electronics.
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs and provide solutions to technical problems.
- Assist in the mechanical fabrication and electrical wiring of UV systems.
- Travel up to 40%.
- National and international travel. Must have or able to get a passport.
- Travel on or over weekends may occur.
- Last minute and emergency travel.
- Assist with quality control and perform quality assurance tests on products to ensure requirements are met prior to packaging and shipment.
- Maintain a workspace in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Provide on-call phone support.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates must have High school diploma or equivalent with secondary schooling in electrical engineering or technology preferred. Must have a minimum 2 years of previous technical support experience.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Have strong electrical troubleshooting required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to instrument repair (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Electrical or electronic schematic and mechanical drawing reading experience is preferred.
- Repairing instrument problems and performing installations.
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being operated.
- Detailed understanding of computer hardware, electronic and electro-mechanical components.
- General understanding of networking, TCP/IP, Ethernet and SCADA is preferred.
- Understanding of AC and DC circuits, up to 480V AC and below power panels.
- Understanding of Microsoft windows products in an enterprise environment and other computer skills, including but not limited to ERP, Visio and AutoCAD.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use hand and power tools common in manufacturing such as drills, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, wrenches, and other hand-held tools.
- Be able to perform well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment for flow assembly work.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.