By joining our team, you will be part of the Industry segment and Industry OEM sales community, who are responsible for providing an end to end premium solution to the Industrial End Customers, OEMs & Distributors.
Your role and responsibility is dedicated to the industry process market (focus area) and affiliated sectors, e.g. Food & Beverage, Machining Industry. The main stakeholders in your market are end customers, OEM’s, Systems builders/designers, distributors and service providers. Internally you will work with passionate colleagues, from sales, product management, supply chain, service and the Industry West team with colleagues across the globe. You will be a key player in the Industry team and be responsible for all aspects of this focus area (Industry Process).
As the expert of Industry Process (IP), you will be THE US Industry voice and driver in our continued ambitions toward dominating this market, to develop and execute a knowledge transfer plan to ensure that our customers are provided with the necessary information about our products and applications, that they know what are the values in choosing Grundfos solutions and how to interact with Grundfos through all channels and platforms available. This Market Development Manager will work remotely out of Illinois, Indiana, or Wisconsin.
- Drive identification of new market opportunities together with leadership, local sales teams, e.g. new applications/sectors for existing products, identification of new customers, channels and geographies.
- Major lead generation and showing the way for sales employees and distributors to execute.
- Drive new product launches in close cooperation with sales and marketing management.
- Identification and business plan documentation of future needs in industry process.
- Drive application and products training of internal sales employees and new/existing sales partners. This includes working closely with the team to ensure that all involved are always up to date on latest products and applications relevant to our customers, defining training needs for sales employees, design effective training programs and deliver effective training. This includes creating / championing efforts on our quarterly IP newsletter, webinars, face to face trainings, white papers and case stories.
- Maintain product knowledge, competitive and industry knowledge to support sales strategy development and execution.
- Develop strong relationships with Key Decision Makers (KDM) at strategically important corporate accounts and engineering organizations in regards to IP such as Food & Beverage, Machining Industry and Energy.
- Feedback and alignment with Americas BD, Group BD and VP Sales, Marketing Manager as well as relevant global colleagues on Strategy, Products and Markets especially providing trends, market insights and competitive landscape.
- Champion sustainability / transformation for our business, by leveraging our digital solutions and establishing water solutions as a new growth platform – accelerating our water business and impact, specifically on water reuse in the IP market.
- Use strong product portfolio to expand into system enabled offering (consisting of successful conversions from standard to Electronic to iSolutions, as well as our predictive maintenance platform and controls)
Required Education and Expereince:
- Bachelor Degree or higher, engineering, management or marketing majors
- Strong experience with customer engagement and market / sales and B2B sales development
- Strategic mindset – able to understand big picture and translate into tactical initiatives and plans
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – able to identify the root cause of a problem/challenge and define a sets of options to address it
- Systematic and structured – able to break a process down into its part and work on each either sequential or in parallel subject to needs
- Self-driven with ability to prioritize tasks based on set objectives, strong sense of accountability and being proactive
- Good communication skills (writing and verbally)
- Good people skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Develop and maintain networks within a large global matrix organization.
- Willing to travel (At least 50% of the time)
- Highly computer literate – CRM, SAP, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.