This position is a new position in the US Tech Center in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design and product platform support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ global Product Development and Program Engineering organization and this position will be working closely together with peers in predominantly the US and Europe.
You will formally report to the Head of Groundwater Program Engineering who sets directions and priorities. Day-to-day activities are coordinated with the US Tech Center management team. The Groundwater Engineering team in the Tech Center currently consists of one full time employee and one half-time expat from the European team and acts as a part of the Global Product Line Team for groundwater submersible motors.
Grundfos products typically have focus on energy efficiency and are used for applications in drinking water wells, boosting of water supply and circulation of water in both industry and buildings, commercial and domestic.
This position focuses on groundwater submersible motors by monitoring and ensuring product technical compliance, product quality, cost-reduction and ability to produce the products. The products are sold globally and manufactured in the Grundfos facility in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Therefore travelling on a regular basis will be expected.
The Product Engineer will be working closely together with the Product Technical Manager (PTM) and design engineers from global development functions, support functions and our production organization. He/she will conduct root cause analysis of failures, drawing updates, and SAP data management. Typical tasks involve collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering functions.
- Identify and drive technical updates and improvements to the product lines.
- Drive execution of the prioritized technical activities within the Product Lifecycle Management team for the given product line.
- Drive technical quality improvements, cost-reduction and legal adherence activities on the product line.
- Specify, plan, follow-up, analyze and conclude on tests. In special cases conduct tests and laboratory tasks (incl. 3rd party tests).
- Ensure timely information and coordination with the manufacturing facility of the product line.
- Ensure a stable technical quality level of the product line.
- Participate in Product Audits in manufacturing units handling the given product line to ensure correct use of product specification (drawing, instructions etc.).
- Conduct analysis in connection to product changes/updates
- When necessary connect specialists from the global organization in developing solutions.
- Prepare documentation in compliance with legislation, Grundfos processes, Standards and Grundfos practice.
- Ensure timely transfer of information and coordination with support functions for successful implementation of changes to the product line.
- Ensure involvement of specialists from other areas of our organization
- Upon request make recommendations to Marketing, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
- Help Quality and Assembly to create methodologies helping them identify unacceptable parts in order to reduce test failures. Will propose and implement good practices in Engineering and Assembly to improve product test pass rate.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Education & Experience:
- Education: B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 3 years of relevant professional pump business experience.
- Significant experience expected in:
- Submersible motor design and manufacturing
- Product Development methods and practices
- Knowledge expected in:
- Quality control system ISO9000
- Experience with tools such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis and similar.
- CAD system user level (Catia)
- ERP system user level (SAP)
- English - verbal and written – well versed, capable of functioning in multi-cultural company, in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Experience in working to reliability and robustness standards
- Understanding of project planning methods and tools.
- Ability to travel (at least 25%) domestic and internationally and have a passport.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting of up to 50lbs, may be required.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.