Diagnoses, repairs, reconditions, and adjusts pumps and pump related equipment as required. Will complete all paperwork on the troubled equipment to which the individual is assigned. Assists Manager and supervisors in pump service operations development and growth. He will also be responsible for processing sales leads to increase Service sales according to the overall Service strategy.
- Provide service related technical support, technical advice and technical training to customers in the field and workshop for existing products and their applications.
- Deliver service sales leads to the Service Sales Engineers.
- Analyzes detail in the database to report on warranty and out of warranty product returns.
- Audit ASP.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Works in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improved methods and the safety of others.
- Maintains a positive attitude and role model for the other employees to follow.
- Maintains a minimum set of tools required for job performance.
- Cares and maintains company machines/equipment and ensure co-workers are doing the same.
- Demonstrates utilization of Grundfos computer systems for work orders and other documentation.
- Maintains personal company service offerings literature and maintains a high awareness of technical changes in the industry.
- Tests, diagnoses and adjusts pumps and pump components.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts on pumps and pump components.
- Disassembles components and properly clean parts.
- Inspects components to ensure maximum parts are being reused to control repair costs
- Creates repair estimates and submits information to substantiate quotes and estimates.
- Provides updated drawing of any changes to manufactures specs. and/or job submittal.
- Prepares all parts requisitions, time cards, or service reports, as requested by the supervisor. Ensures they are legible and accurate with enough detail for service accounting needs.
- Monitors job expenses versus repair estimates and ensures that the Supervisor is aware of any cost overrun, prior to the job being completed.
- Trains and/or mentors others in the department.
- Travel to equipment needing repairs as instructed.
Key Performance Indicators
The Service Technician will be evaluated on the following areas:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Service Delivery
- Costs, safety, environment, quality, 5’s, productivity
- Generation of Service sales leads
The ideal candidate has a technical certificate, trade school, or equivalent in a technically related field is a plus (electrical, mechanical and controls)
- Ability to perform basic mainframe computer transaction functions and possess effective PC skills (MS Office).
- Possess practical, hands-on capability in troubleshooting, testing pumps and controls.
- A self-starter who has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and can manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to understand mechanical/electrical systems. Control is a plus
- Must interact effectively with customers, business associates, salesmen and engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must present a positive competent image to customers and exhibit sound judgment.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team structure.
- Work in a structured way and possess analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving capabilities and demonstrate integrity.
- Personal and cultural empathy.
- High level of energy, proactive and result driven self-disciplined behavior.
- Comfortable with ambiguous, unstructured environments.
Physical Demands of the Position
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.