This position will be apart of the US Tech Center in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with development, technology, and product platform support for existing, and new product development.The US Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ Product and Offerings Development (POD) organization with close ties to the regional business organization. As such this position will work closely together with colleagues locally, regionally and around the world.
The Associate Product Development Engineer focuses on supporting rapid product development for the regional market, with a focus on supporting existing product platforms and building on these for new product solutions. He role will use 3D modelling extensively at a component and assembly level, with associated drawings for manufacturing, to facilitate product with optimized, robust and verified performance. Working in close collaboration with the development engineers within assigned (agile) teams, the role focuses on working with key stake holders, (e.g. Product Management, Quality and Operations) to incorporate feedback and improvements into detailed designs to bring innovative product solutions to market. Appropriate processes and tools will be used to facilitate the design, verification and optimization of developed solutions.
- Work within assigned teams, to create, develop, and manage 3D part and assembly design and drawings for new and existing products.
- Perform Tech Center assignments requiring knowledge of mechanical engineering theory, concepts and experience.
- Utilize Grundfos tools and processes in the development of 3D (Catia) design models and drawings to meet product specification requirements in accordance with identified relevant regulations and approvals.
- Work with Product Information Management team (PIM) in the development and management of product data with the Grundfos ERP system (SAP)
- Provide support to the team in resolving mechanical issues / problems that arise with existing products or during development projects.
- Support Quality in identifying root causes of issues resulting in non-conforming product or component issues, to increase reliability and reduce product failure.
- Work with Group to implement and ensure standard practices within Engineering are institutionalized and help improve product modeling, drafting and data management.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- A.Sc. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering required with minimum 2 years of relevant professional mechanical business experience preferred
- Experience in 3D CAD part and assembly modeling, parametric modelling (Catia), and creation of 2D drawings.
- Experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerance application (GD&T)
- Experience in working with ISO9000 and formalized development processes.
- Working knowledge of machine shop practices; standard machining operations and mechanical assembly.
- Basic knowledge about materials e.g. Casting, Sheet metal, composite and aluminum.
- English - verbal and written – capable of functioning in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Able to travel domestic and internationally and have a passport
- Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.