Purpose of Job
The FP&A Controller position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including business analysis, financial reporting, cost accounting, bill of materials, and coordinate activities with GSS (Grundfos Share Services) on general accounting, payables, order entry and billing. This position will also liaison with FP&A Operations financial staff, as required. This position will operate daily out of our Brookshire, TX facility.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, and FP&A Operations in accordance with FP&A Operations format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Involved in S&OP process to bridge sales and operational planning activities.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations.
- Assist with the maintenance a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
- Attend daily plant production meetings.
- As manager, provides daily supervision and guidance to Financial Analyst, along with preparing and providing annual reviews and career development dialogues.
- Perform regular walkthroughs of the plant with the Plant Director to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with the Plant Management Team to discuss all plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Conduct adhoc analysis and provide data for supporting business decision for partners.
Critical Knowledge and Experience
BS degree in accounting, finance, or relevant experience is required. A Master’s degree is a plus. Minimum 3-5 year’s experience as controller with a minimum of 3 years using SAP is required. Working in a manufacturing environment is critical.
- Must be willing to daily operate out our Brookshire, TX facility.
- Expert level proficiency in Excel and building and modeling strategic plans, budgets, and reforecast cycles/programs along with experience with S&OP processes perence sales structure reporting systems.
- Experience with preparing monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Must have experience managing inventory, bills of materials and audits to ensure cost accuracy.
- Experience leading internal control activities within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience working closely with leaders in a manufacturing organization.
- Solid managerial skills and a leadership style that is collaborative and supportive.
- Demonstrated ability to function both as an individual contributor and as part of an integrated team.
- Demonstrated excellence in independent management of complex projects.
- Enterprise-wide perspective, enabling collection of data from multiple source systems and translation into an aggregate dashboard.
- Ability to clearly and concisely summarize data and present conclusions to senior management.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.