Location: Netherland, Denmark, Hungary and Serbia
Are you ready to step into a key position in Grundfos where you will be instrumental in setting the strategic direction for purchasing the logistic goods and services globally?
In this position you will generate value for the organization supporting the Group Purchasing strategy and the Strategic logistic Roadmap. Doing so, you gain a deep insight into how our production and sales companies operate and get a great opportunity to further build your career in a high-profile position within Grundfos
What is the job about?
If you have solid professional experience within purchasing of Logistics goods and/or services here is your chance to gain an international network and be our lead negotiator with Global suppliers and Global scope contracts. Ensure favorable contracts and commercial conditions for Grundfos with respect to the Purchasing policy, sustainability, ethics and Grundfos purpose and values.
You will be responsible for creation of Global sourcing strategy for Logistics category including optimizing the global suppliers footprint considering market trends, cost drivers and spend in collaboration with main stakeholders in Group functions, Regional functions and Local companies.
As Global Senior Category Manager your main scope of responsibilities will be setting direction for where and how to develop the category in close collaboration with business responsibles, being accountable for value & savings delivery across the category spend, ensuring global standards and guidelines, sharing sourcing best practices, facilitating cross regional benchmarking and knowledge exchanges.
Moreover, you will drive Strategic Sourcing Process for indirect suppliers based on business demand including:
- providing leadership to team in supply market intelligence research and analysis activities for visibility in key cost drivers, pricing trends, emerging market regions, supply market adjustments, capabilities, capacities, etc.
- advising on global suppliers’ network capabilities, commodity/spend category trends and industry best practices
- leading negotiations/tenders with Global suppliers to close contracts, in respect of our Purchasing policy and ethics and in full collaboration with Group Logistics
- driving standardization of contracts in logistics globally and regionally, including costs, productivity, performance, quality, sustainability, partnership and innovation
- managing the development, implementation, and alignment between Global and Regional sourcing strategies and suppliers network capabilities for the appropriate industry
Also, you will ensure foundation for supplier relationship management, data transparency and reporting abilities for indirect suppliers.
What do you need to apply?
- Relevant commercial master or bachelor’s degree combined with minimum 7-10 years professional experience within purchasing of Logistics goods and/or services
- Deep understanding of main cost drivers and trends within the Logistics industry, specifically on Road and Ocean transportation, DH/warehousing
- Experience within an international organisation and with managing international suppliers’ portfolio.
- Proven experience with defining and execution of sourcing strategies
- Minimum 5 years of contract negotiation and procurement experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from leading tasks and/or teams in an international context
- Global experience with deep knowledge on European market, but including also Americas and China
- Ability to communicate fluently in English - and work in global organisations, across geographical and cultural differences
- Willingness to travel internationally
Position and Reporting:
The Global Senior Category Manager will be reporting directly to Sr. Director, Global Indirect Purchasing.
Grundfos is the world’s leading manufacturer of energy efficiency and intelligent water solutions with an annual production of 17 million units, offices in more than 55 countries and over 19,000 employees worldwide. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do, as we believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer you:
• Trusting, collaborative and friendly culture
• Endless learning possibilities
• International environment that value work-life balance
• Pleasant, comfortable and modern working place
• Work remotely
If this sounds appealing to you, please send us your resume and motivation letter by clicking on ‘Apply’.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.