Grundfos MXP is seeking an experienced and engaged AME Mechanical Engineer to join our Americas AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) Motor & Integrated Control (IC) team to secure that the AME Motor & IC interests are being executed on Americas production sites (USA & Mexico). The AME Motor Mechanical Engineer will need to comfortable and willing to be hands on, working daily to execute tasks. To maintain a high level of production process knowledge in existing products by timely documentation and support the Manufacturing related to key and core processes.
This important role will be part of a growing team that will be critical in supporting production in our local facility. AME Motor Mechanical Engineer reports to AME Team Leader and will operate out of the San Luis Potosi manufacturing facility.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
• Lead/drive continues improvements for manufacturing and assembly process/equipment in own area in close collaboration with local Manufacturing Engineering and Chief/Global lead (Note: AME do not "take over" maintenance).
• Leading projects/tasks within own professional area.
• Act as a project resource in cross-functional projects.
• Ensure technical deliveries.
• Support to Manufacturing.
• Ensure updated knowledge of trends within own process area.
• Provide input for developing own professional area.
• Participate in knowledge sharing across the organization.
• Take responsibility for part of a product/production area.
• Ensure capability of parts within their area of responsibility.
• Assist in ensuring timely communication of any scope changes in the project that can change the project deliverables in terms of time and cost.
• Assist in ensuring increase in application of digitalization ex. simulation as part of the future development in the area.
• Design and implement the solutions on new and existing production equipment.
• Area specific responsibilities
• Mechanical equipment/process components, modules, systems in AMERICAS production sites.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess Bachelor or master’s degree Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study and have a minimum 2-3 years of work experience in engineering manufacturing environment.
• Experience managing defined processes within production development.
• Solid knowledge of the plans, processes and activities within the functional area in production development.
• Great understanding of the relevant systems and regulations where applicable, for the production development area.
• Experience in creating mechanical solutions in a 3D design software, preferable CATIA
• Experienced in working with GPS/GD&T and tolerance chains
• Basic Design knowledge.
• The Mechanical Engineer has an innovative perspective on challenges.
• Must be a good at achieving operational targets and service standards.
• Good collaboration skills, both internally and externally with primary partners.
• Experience driving developed processes within production development.
• Ability to lead processes or projects.
• Possess a great understanding of the relevant systems, standards and regulations where applicable, for the production development area.
• Must have a strong technical foundation, combined with organizational agility.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain and argue key purpose and benefit of technical solution across different professionals and organizational levels.
• Ability to adapt and exchange and reach agreement through flexibility and compromise.
• Must have a high drive and must be proactive, make results and deliver as promised.
• Team player and good at networking across cultures and functional boundaries.
• Open, friendly and trustworthy attitude towards stakeholders and colleagues.
• Must be good in routine jobs, with focus on the details. Ability to lead processes or projects.
• English and Spanish language is required. Candidates must possess high proficiency in both verbally and in writing skills.
• Must be able to travel up to 15% as needed and maintain a valid passport.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.