Lead Production Technician (Christchurch, New Zealand)
Do you want to take charge of production, logistics/warehouse management? Ensuring health and safety, customer’s expectations are met, tasks are completed and resources are used efficiently? If so, then we are keen to hear from you and discuss how this role will allow you to have a real impact on the future development of Production in Grundfos New Zealand.
The Production team in Grundfos New Zealand has a trusting, friendly, and collaborative work culture where open communication, teamwork, and a dynamic working day is fundamental. You will be working in an international environment that values sustainability and freedom to balance work and private life. Challenging tasks, professional development, flexible working schedule, and good relations between employees and managers are some of the key points, our employees find the most attractive.
What is the job about?
The Lead Production Technician, directs, coordinate, and schedule daily production workload ensuring health and safety, customer’s expectations are met, tasks are completed and resources are used efficiently.
Moreover, you will be responsible for:
- Warehouse management & stock management (cycle counting), Inbound and outbound goods
- Raising and updating purchase orders, impeller production
- Arranging urgent airfreight/DHL parts
- Pump Assembly
- Office Facility Management and Plant/Warehouse maintenance (ensuring maintenance, servicing and calibration of production equipment)
- Mentor, guide and support Production Assistant providing daily guidance, supervision, and task allocation
- Ensure health and safety of production facility as well as First Aid Officer
- Materiel Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) management
- Provide support to all internal and external customers
What do you need to apply?
- Must have TFO (Transitional Facility Operator, MPI) or at a push AP (Accredited Person, MPI)
- Forklift license (mandatory)
- Assembly experience
- Ideally has SAP knowledge or good computer skills
- Frontline leadership course desirable
- Experience working as a leading hand
- First Aid (desirable)
- Experience working with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) (desirable)
- Awareness of Manual Handling
- Knowledge in OHS&W practices
Grundfos is the world’s leading manufacturer of energy efficiency and intelligent water solutions with an annual production of 17 million units, offices in more than 55 countries, and over 19,000 employees worldwide. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do, as we believe innovation is not only a business opportunity but an obligation. And what matters to us is not short term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- Wide range of Employee Benefits
- Great Team Culture
- Positive and Flexible Workplace Environment
- Training and Career Development Opportunities
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send us your resume and motivation letter by clicking on ‘Apply’.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.