Peerless Pump Company is seeking an experienced Assembler to join our production team in Lubbock, TX. The Assembler will be responsible for all activities required to assemble, mount, and test various pumps and to combine these pumps with other components and accessories into complete pumping systems. This position reports directly to the Director of Service & Aftermarket Sales. Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
• Assemble, disassemble, align, adjust, and repair all horizontal and standard vertical pumps.
• Check components prior to assembly for suitability of use.
• Mount pumps and other accessories and components to base plates using mechanical fasteners and/or by welding. Must have proof of current welding certification and/or able to be certified.
• Make electrical and mechanical connections.
• Move material as required.
• Perform layout work required for mounting and testing
• Perform operations such as drilling, tapping, fitting, filing, polishing, honing, reaming, countersinking, and adjusting.
• Performs welding and acetylene cutting required for mounting or leak repair.
• Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
• Obtain hardware items necessary to complete job or perform test.
• Setup, prepare, and perform hydraulic pressure tests and record results.
• Provide training and instruction to other employees as required.
• Make performance and run test set-ups for pumps, and pumping systems.
• Assist in conducting performance and run test, read and record test data as required.
• Receive, store, and retrieve material.
• Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
• Experience using with Lean manufacturing concepts and cost reduction with an understanding of business metrics to drive performance.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a secondary school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or a combination of training, education and experience with further technical education in a related field.
• Experience with vertical and/or horizontal pump preferred, but not required.
• Vocational Training in electrical, welding, precision measuring instruments, blueprints, or equivalent preferred.
• Specialized on-the-job training in pump hydraulics, diesel engine start-up, and control panel operation.
• Must have proof of current welding certification and/or able to be certified.
• Possession of a fork lift license and experience in the use of lifting equipment, including crane lift rigging is an asset.
• Must be flexible with shift change, the incumbent may work 5-8 hour days Monday- Friday and switch to 4-10 hour days Monday- Thursday based on workforce.
• Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to read and apply mathematics to work from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures and problem solve.
• Basic understanding of the fundamentals of electricity.
• This person should have the ability to operate precision instruments and lifting equipment
• This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach when assembling parts.
• Must be able to lift pumps and/or boxes up to 50 lbs.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.