Responsible to develop and maintain systems required to continuously improve the System supplier base through systematic review and improvements. This, coupled with product review and enhancement to supplier processes, issue resolutions/trouble shooting and continuous improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead audit on site and conduct the new supplier approval process
- Strong tooling knowledge required reviewing and making recommendations to tooling and gauges during product development for advance program.
- Be experienced in the commodity of casting and machining process, including but not limited to cast iron, stainless steel casting, machining, heat treatment, painting or special coating process…
- Strong analytical skills required to root cause and close issues related to the product
- Direct, lead, and mentor all lower postions
- Conduct supplier site reviews and analyzes supplier capability
- Conduct VPC/SPA follow up of supplier during development / launch phase.
- Accountability for the quality of components being shipped by supplier.
- Develop Supplier team relationships to work in release of new programs as well as resolve production issues.
- Closely work with purchasing on the commodity strategy alignment and escalation.
- Strong problem and troubleshooting capabilities and lead supplier corrective actions/continuous improvements till closeout
- Continuously monitor supplier performance and improve supply base with clear methodology by using advanced quality tools.
- Evaluate and follow to closure VPC/SPA issues
- Must actively participate in achieving Supplier Quality goals
- Capable of reviewing and diagnosing problems with product on the manufacturing floor
- Strong soft skills and interpersonal communications and able to work under stress and urgent situation. Able to independently work with least supervision and resources.
- People management experience or high potential supervisory skills are desired.
- Conduct annual process audit to key or selected supplier and drive the corrective actions to the findings till closeout with effective time constraints.
- IATF 16949 and ISO 9000/14001 knowledge
- Compliance to corporate code of conduct, EHS and all the other process/policies required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four-year technical degree preferred
Local region “Quality certification preferred (Example: AIAG, VDA, Six sigma, Red X-Shainin……).
8 years minimum experience in Supplier Quality or Quality with five years senior quality positions in automotive or general heavy duty equivalent industries
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong tooling knowledge required reviewing and making recommendations to tooling and gauges during product development for advance programs
- Must hold the rich knowledge with hands on experience in handling casting and machining process
- Strong analytical skills required to root cause and close issues related to the process and products
- Strong written and oral English and Mandarin communication skills required
- Strong computer skills with Micro-Soft Office
- Open minded and able to work under stress and handle tough situations with limited resources/assistance
- Smart, honest, flexible and result oriented, strategic thinking, aggressive to lead results
- Strong soft skills and interpersonal communications, negotiation skills with both vendor and internal cross functional teams and key stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts and methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin required
- Must be familiar with ISO 9000/ IATF16949/ISO 14001
- Intimate knowledge of PPAP, FMEA, SPC, PSO, APQP, and QSA
- Good GD&T understanding and knowledge
- Good team work spirit and player
- Frequent traveling to supplier location is required (30%~50%, mostly distributed in Yangzi River Delta)
- SAP operations (Q module) and experience is required
- Supervisory experience or people management experience is a big plus (or high potential)
- Experience in handling customized parts with small/least qty demand is big plus
- Desired to take challenges and highly self-motivated in diverse environment
- Familiar with minimized qty production and ETO business mode is a big plus
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.