Peerless Pump Company is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join our production team. The CNC Machinist will be responsible for the operation of a CNC lathe or machining center with capability of operating conventional machines such as a lathe, mill, drill, broach, hone, or grinder to produce a quality finished part. This position reports directly to the Machining Production Manager and will operate daily out of the Selma facility. Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
- Observe all safety, environmental, and health policies.
- Operate one or more of the following machines. CNC lathe, CNC machine center, mill, lathe, hone, broach, drill, or grinder.
- Check shop tickets, drawings, and rough castings to verify that the correct part is being machined and to determine the method of machining the part and the tooling required.
- On conventional machines plan sequence of operations; locate and use proper fixtures and machine attachments; determine method of work holding and clamping required; determine most efficient speeds, feeds, depths of cuts, and number of cuts; determine and select tooling, cutters, blades and grinding wheels required.
- Load, select, and edit programs if necessary.
- Change and set tooling. Debur parts as necessary.
- Inspect parts as necessary with appropriate precision measuring instruments to maintain proper tolerances and dimensions.
- Adjust machines during operation to achieve correct tolerances and dimensions.
- Notify supervisor of known or suspected problems with machines, tools, drawings, or parts.
- Dress, sharpen, and replace tooling as required.
- Perform standard preventative maintenance on machines.
- Keep machine and work area clean.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess Associates degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Work with math concepts such as the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only little standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, bend, squat, walk, and be on your feet for an entire shift.
- Exposure to dust, noise, shop heat, and exposure to ambient heat in summer, exposure to coolants in machines.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.