Peerless Pumps, a Grundfos company, is seeking a Materials Utility to join our logistics team in Indianapolis. The Materials Utility will be responsible for all activities related to receiving, storing, and preparing for shipment any and all material whether domestic or international. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor. Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
- Pack &/or unpack material.
- Receive, store, ship, label, move, segregate, disburse, and issue material, tools, and fixtures.
- Move any and all material and place in designated location or storage rack.
- Inspect orders for completeness and suitability for receipt, storage, or shipment.
- Check for proper marking, tagging, and finish.
- Report errors, defects, and shortages.
- Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
- Construct boxes, skids, crates and etc.
- Provide training and instruction to other employees as required.
- Pick-up or deliver material using a car, truck, crane or forklift.
- Make minor repairs or adjustments as required to items ready to be shipped.
- Maintain workplace in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Complete detailed paperwork for processing of both domestic & international shipments.
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a warehouse is a plus.
- Experience working in a wood working shop a plus.
- Experience operating a forklift is considered a plus.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.