Grundfos Americas Corporation is seeking an experienced HR Compliance Specialist to join its Regional HR Team. The HR Compliance Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of all HR-related compliance programs, policies, agreements, projects and training applicable to a multi-state employer with government contracts. The HR Compliance Specialist will collaborate daily with the US Human Resources team, local leadership and key external partners. This position reports directly to the HR Director, Americas Operations and will operate out of either our Brookshire, TX or Fresno, CA facility. Relocation for this position may be supported for the right candidate. Note: Candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
• Manage the Affirmative Action, EEO-1 and Vets 4212 reporting along with OFCCP compliance activities including but not limited to, hiring, outreach, training, and record-keeping requirements on accommodations for protected categories.
• Conduct annual meetings presenting the current Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) findings and identified actions needed for implementation.
•In collaboration with external partners, monitor lawsuits and legal claims filed against any US entity including agency charges (e.g. EEOC, DOL) and identify trends which may require pro-active measures and risk mitigation.
• Conduct proactive audits of various HR processes and regulatory requirements to mitigate risk, including identification of particularly complex areas (e.g. government contractors) or regions (e.g. California).
• Analyze audit results and develop appropriate recommendations to enhance compliance and mitigate risks (e.g. I-9, Background Checks, Personnel Files, Self ID forms)
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team and other key functions (e.g. Finance, Payroll and Safety) to ensure compliance and mitigate risk in any area with impact to Human Resources such as those relating to workers compensation, drug testing, and worker safety.
• Promote positive employee relations and work to identify and deploy appropriate compliance training for employees regarding employment law topics such as harassment and anti-discrimination activities.
• Maintain awareness of new, federal, state and local legislation applicable to a national employer and government contractor, track relevant legislation, identify best practices and engage the right stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of new laws that impact the organization, such as in the area of data privacy.
• Serve as the point of contact for any US employment decision being considered such as reorganizations, demotions, terminations, etc. to ensure a proactive review of risks and mitigation actions.
• Assists managers and employees with interpreting and complying with policies and applicable employment law and government regulations and aid in enforcing company personnel policies and processes.
• Handles and responds to employee relations counseling and resolution in conjunction and with support and approval of the Human Resources Director (i.e. employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints, etc.).
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related fields of study. Additionally, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with US employment compliance regimens and Human resources activities including experience managing OFCCP and EEO compliance matters is required. Experience with and or knowledge of California employment law and regulations is strongly preferred.
• Proven expertise in HR policies and procedures.
• Working experience with EEO-1, Vets 4212 reports and Affirmative Action plans.
• Strong knowledge and experience with HR compliance and proactive HR practices is required; working knowledge and experience in California is strongly preferred.
• Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
• Proven ability to collaborate with key stakeholders is vital.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral.
• Possess high level of maturity and treatment of confidential matters.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & HR platforms. Experience working in Microsoft Teams and SuccessFactors is preferred.
• Domestic travel may be required as needed.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.