Dear Grundfos customer,
If you are not already informed by our sales company, this is to inform you of a safety warning and to ask you for your immediate assistance.
Based on our own investigations, we have come to the conclusion that you might have products in stock, or have sold products, which under a number of circumstances may pose a risk of electric shock during operation.
The products in question have been produced from week 1, 2017, to and including week 2, 2018, and are:
- Grundfos UNILIFT AP 12 1-PHASE
- Grundfos UNILIFT AP 35 1-PHASE
- Grundfos UNILIFT AP 50 1-PHASE
(NOTE: 1 phase pumps delivered with US plugs are not affected)
Grundfos has assessed that the above-mentioned pumps may pose a risk of giving an electric shock during installation or when used for mobile applications. Already installed pumps in fixed installations are assessed safe for continuous fixed use.
On the right side of this page you’ll find the links to the list of affected products and the instructions on how to identify them. There is also a list provided of questions and answers for your additional information. Since these pumps have been sold by you in the past, we hereby ask you kindly for your immediate help and assistance in making sure that all affected products on stock and in operation will be identified and replaced or reworked as soon as possible.
Grundfos strongly urges you as a Grundfos customer to:
- 1. Stop selling affected products.
- 2. Identify affected products in your stock and return them to Grundfos.
- 3. Contact customers, and guide them to the website.
- 4. Please contact Grundfos for arranging the return of products on stock.
- 1. Grundfos will replace all affected pumps on stock. Grundfos will do this free of charge.
- 2. With your active contribution Grundfos is informing all relevant customers that affected products may pose a risk of giving an electric shock under certain circumstances and therefore must be replaced or reworked.
Feel free to contact your local Grundfos sales company if you have any questions.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but safety, responsibility and reliability is our first priority.
Please note that due to the safety risk and the urgency, we expect that you as our valued and trusted partner will take the necessary actions to handle this issue without hesitation.