Firstly, you’ll need to think about the application, that is, what you are planning to use the pump for and your individual requirements.
- Do you want to be able to use rainwater for the garden only?
- Do you have a large garden or a small garden?
- Do you want to supply rainwater to your toilet and laundry or to the whole of your home?
- Do you have a large double story home or small townhouse/unit?
Secondly, determine the water source.
- Is your rainwater tank above or below ground?
- Is the tank set above or below the level of the home or garden you want to supply?
- What sort of distance is the tank from the home or garden you want to supply?
All of these factors need to be taken into consideration when selecting a pump.
Next you need to determine what features you want and need.
- Do you need the pump to be able to run on a generator?
- Would you like a pump that is able to provide a mains water backup in the event that the rainwater tank runs dry or in the event of a power outage?
- Is the pump situated inside or close to the house? If so, is the noise level of the pump important?
If the pump is being used infrequently, a cost effective pump solution may be all you need.
If you’re running the pump for whole of house supply, then energy efficiency and cost savings may be important, and a pump that is able to adjust its speed to meet varying demand might be just what you need.
Grundfos pumps are renowned for their high quality, innovative design and reliability. Whether you’re reliant solely on rainwater to supply your home, have rainwater supplement your mains water supply, or need a solution for mains water pressure boosting, Grundfos has the solution.
Locate your local Authorised Dealer today or visit the product pages below for more information.