DISCOVER HOW GRUNDFOS iSOLUTIONS ENABLED A PACKAGING MANUFACTURER TO SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE PROCESS OPERATION AND OPERATING COSTS IN ITS COOLING APPLICATION
For UK packaging manufacturer UCP Zeller, cooling system reliability and control is essential. That’s why it chose Grundfos to supply intelligent pumps and controls in a retrofitting project that resulted in huge operational savings of €15,500 a year.
SOLUTION & OUTCOME
A new pump system from Grundfos was selected due to its differentiated built-in control mode based on constant differential
temperature. Keeping a dT of 3 degrees – as requested by the customer – cooling capacity was kept the same, but Grundfos
products reduced the flow to ensure optimal thermal exchange, thereby minimising the losses of the previous system.
Reliable process optimisation of UCP Zeller’s existing pump installations was achieved by our out-the-box-ready solution, featuring built-in controls based on our deep application knowledge.
Intelligent pumps with integrated frequency converters brought a unique array of built-in pump functionalities that benefit most systems in terms of comfort, user-friendliness, process adaptability, connectivity and operating efficiency.
The final delivered package improved operating performance and ensured corresponding savings in energy use and maintenance. Grundfos iSOLUTIONS guarantees temperature setpoints never deviate from what’s necessary to ensure optimum operating conditions.
- 3x Grundfos NBE 65-200/198 + Control MCP-E + Grundfos DPI Control mode:
- Temperature control – differential temperature
- Pumps will adjust their speed depending on how much flow is needed to guarantee a constant and stable cooling loop temperature
- 3x end-suction pumps, IE2 motors
- Duty/duty/standby, fixed speed
- Controlled by pressure rather than differential temperature