The Grundfos fieldbus concept is the ideal solution for complete control and monitoring of pumps and pump systems. The innovative Communication Interface Module (CIM) and the Communication Interface Unit (CIU) enable data communication via open and interoperable networks.
The Grundfos CIM/CIU communication interfaces offer ease of installation and commissioning, user-friendliness, and great value for money in the long term. All modules are based on standard functional profiles for easy integration into the network and easy understanding of data points.
CIM modules are add-on modules that allow communication with E-pumps, circulator pumps, Multi Pump Controller (CU 352), Hydro Multi-E, Hydro Multi-B and Dedicated Controls (CU 362) and Level Control LC 2x1 for wastewater pumps.
The CIU communication interface unit is for products with a GENIbus interface such as Motor protection MP 204, external variable speed drives (CUE), Wastewater-AutoAdapt pumps or large DDA XL dosing pumps. CIU units have an integrated 24 to 240 V power supply and are prepared for wall-mounting or DIN-rail mounting.
For small DDA dosing pumps use E-box 150 / E-box 200 or E-box 500 units.
The CIM/CIU interfaces support the following fieldbus standards:
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus TCP
- BACnet MS/TP
- BACnet IP
- PROFIBUS DP
- PROFINET IO
- 3G/4G cellular data connection ( Modbus TCP / SMS )
- 3G/4G cellular Grundfos Remote Management/ Grundfos iSolution Cloud
- CIM/CIU 100/110 LON is mainly used for HVAC applications in buildings
- CIM/CIU 150 Profibus DP is mainly used for factory and process automation
- CIM/CIU 200 Modbus RTU is used for versatile automation e.g. HVAC and wastewater applications
- CIM/CIU 250/25x GSM/GPRS is mainly used for water supply and wastewater applications
- CIM/CIU 260/26x 3G/4G cellular data connection is mainly used for water supply and wastewater applications
- CIM/CIU 270/27x GRM/GPRS is used together with Grundfos Remote Management
- CIM/CIU 280/28x 3G/4G cellular is used together with Grundfos Remote Management/ Grundfos iSolution cloud
- CIM/CIU 300 BACnet is used for building automation
- CIM/CIU 500 Ethernet can be used for Modbus TCP, PROFINET IO, BACnet IP and GRM IP
Features and benefits
- Based on standard functional profiles
- One solution for all products with a modular design prepared for future needs
- One solution offering complete process monitoring and control
- Easy to install and commission, as Grundfos delivers the required support files and functional profile manuals
- Flexible wide range power supply 24-240 VAC/VDC (CIU unit)
- Pumps and controllers have better reliability with reduced downtime, due to monitoring and control functionality on a PLC/BMS/SCADA system
- The operational cost of pumps can be lowered by reducing setpoints to match precise system needs via remote control
- Remote monitoring and control via PLC/BMS/SCADA systems reduce manual settings, monitoring time and travel time to sites or installations
- Enable predictive maintenance and fast reaction time on process changes and exceptions
- Easy to install and commission
- Flexible power supply
- Based on standard functional profiles
Cambodian water plant enjoys 20% energy plus water savings and improved supply
Takéo Safe Water Supply teamed up with Grundfos to implement a well-tested technology – demand-driven distribution...
The new buzzwords at this foundry’s paint shop? Data connectivity
For the paint, chemicals and other liquids at BIRN’s CED surface treatment facility, Grundfos has provided a full...
Efficient and cost-effective H2S odour removal at Danish utility company
The smell of hydrogen sulphide used to be a major problem for Danish water utility company Mariagerfjord Vand A/S....
Grundfos Remote Management monitors wastewater pumping stations in Latvia
Easy monitoring of wastewater pumping stations by Grundfos
Swedes cheer teamwork, savings in pressurized wastewater network
Sweden’s largest homeowner association faced a challenge. The year was 2012. The area was Lidköping in central...
User-friendly solution provides cost-effective phosphate removal at German WWTP
German wastewater utility Stadtwerke Heppenheim needed to save on operating costs. With a new phosphate dosing...
Full control and full automation
BOT Elektrownia Opole S.A. power plant is located 9 kilometres north from the city of Opole, downstream of the Mala...
Grundfos interface CIU 150 ensures reliable pump communication
Reliable communication via Profibus with Grundfos machine tool pump for cooling.
New and easy way to manage irrigation systems
Water engineering and specialist sports-turf contractor, MJ Abbot Limited used Grundfos’ new data communication...
Pressurised wastewater transfer protects an environmentally sensitive area in Sweden
The Kållands Vatten & Avloppsförening (Kållands Water and Wastewater Association, a homeowners’ association)...
Proving energy and cost benefits with CIU 300 BACnet communication modules
As a commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, the British Columbia (BC) provincial government in Canada has...
LON capability retrofitted to existing pump installations
Via SCADA systems, facility managers can monitor, control and optimise their electrical installations, from their...
Select country to contact your local sales company
Select country to contact your local service center