Designed for installations with one or two pumps, the Grundfos LC 231 and LC 241 level controllers are ideal for emptying and filling related to small wastewater transport, commercial buildings and tank-filling applications.
The controller is equipped with predefined settings to fit these applications for
an easier and quicker start-up in the specific application. The controller can
support up to five control levels for both analogue level transmitter and float
Start and stop signals are used for normal operation, and the optional dry-run signal will protect the pumps from dry running. The controller can run in two modes:
EMPTYING or FILLING.
- For emptying applications, one or two pumps will run depending on inflow rate.
- For filling applications, the opposite applies; if the tank is close to empty, one or two pumps will run.
Full control via your smart device
The LC controller is fully controlled via your smart device. It utilizes integrated Bluetooth communication that connects to the intuitive Grundfos GO Remote app, ensuring smarter and more optimal operation.
This enables you to easily exchange information between the controller and your smart device. From the moment the controller is installed and connected, the setup wizard and all pump operations are available in the GO Remote app (iOS and Android).
The Grundfos LC controller is suitable for:
- One- and two-pump systems
- Wastewater transport – Pressurised pumping stations, Network pumping stations, Road drainage
- Water intake – Groundwater
- Mining and construction sites – Dewatering
- Irrigation – Tank filling
- Commercial buildings – Wastewater discharge, Dewatering
Key features and benefits
Easy to install and commission
- Save time and effort on installation and commissioning thanks to the intuitive user interface and Grundfos GO commissioning wizard.
Basic control functions
- Empty pit, fill tank, pump alternating, water on floor, etc.
- Utilise free configurable inputs or configure functions to fit specific application needs.
Monitoring and control
- Easy integration to SCADA and collect all the IO at the pit to avoid additional PLC.
Peace of mind
- Do planned maintenance, get notified of issues, and enjoy reliability and effective pump protection.
The Grundfos LC level controllers are available in two variants:
- LC 231 – a compact solution complete with certified motor protection
- LC 241 – a cabinet solution offering modularity and customisation
- Automatic pump changeover (alternation)
- Forced pump run (anti-seizing) during long periods of inactivity
- Connectivity with Grundfos GO and CIM module
Information and advice
Grundfos is a world-wide provider of pumps and related systems. We have a trained staff of service engineers who will be able to support you during the installation phase of the pump or solution. Grundfos products are manufactured to very high standards, which helps to ensure a long life. Our many years of experience of different kinds of installation and with installation techniques are also key factors for maximising the lives of your Grundfos products or systems.
We will be able to support you with the following:
- Information about the proper protection of our pumps
- Advice on the physical positioning of the pump for necessary service/repair
- Advice on the physical positioning of the pump to maintain proper operation
- Correct cabling to fulfil the requirements of good practice and electromagnetic compatibility.
Please contact your local Grundfos company to obtain full support for your new installation.
In order to achieve optimum performance, it is very important that the product/system is set up and adjusted correctly from the outset. The knowledge and experience of the Grundfos service technician, and the use of dedicated Grundfos service tools to adjust the performance of the pump, together guarantee that the greatest possible efficiency and fully correct operation of the equipment are both achieved. Commissioning of the pump is recommended in the following cases:
- If the pumps are controlled by a frequency converter
- If the pump system is operating in a large system, e.g. a building management system
- If the user wants to be trained in the proper operation of the pump
- If the pump is a vital link in an important production/application facility
- Where the setup is crucial for the Grundfos product to operate for its full planned life, e.g. in water treatment applications. In such cases commissioning is not only recommended but required
- Where safety is an issue, e.g. in disinfection systems
The commissioning is performed in a step-by-step procedure, and a report of the settings of the pump is produced.
Please contact your local Grundfos company to arrange for the commissioning of your newly-installed Grundfos product.
Repair and maintenance
Grundfos Service can advise you on efficiency issues, offering suggestions for saving money in the long term.
Not all our products need spare parts. Our pumps are designed to provide low energy consumption and the highest possible performance throughout their lives. For some pumps, the greatest efficiency and reliability are achieved by replacing worn-out pumps rather than repairing them.
Naturally, you can always call Grundfos for repair and maintenance of pumps you have purchased from us. It is important to remember that an upgrade or even a replacement pump can be cheaper than repair in the long term.
Effective service – wherever you are
Grundfos Service is always close by. Working in collaboration with our local authorised service partners we offer worldwide service. Help from qualified pump professionals is never far away, whether you need immediate assistance or are interested in hearing about opportunities for making savings.
Grundfos Remote Management
Grundfos Remote Management is a cost-effective, secure and reliable way to monitor and manage pump installations from an Internet PC at a very low cost.
Connecting pumps and people
With a secure and reliable remote management system, you can monitor and manage your pump systems from an Internet PC at a very low cost.
Grundfos Remote Management is a cost-effective and straightforward system for monitoring and managing pump installations in commercial buildings and in water supply and wastewater systems. It reduces the need for onsite inspections, and in the event of an alarm or warning, the relevant people are notified directly.
The system offers a wider range of benefits and functions than mobile-phone-based monitoring. For those who do not require remote process automation, Grundfos Remote Management is the ideal solution for monitoring and remote control, rather than traditional SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems. Initial investment is minimal, and a fixed low fee covers data traffic, hosting costs and system support, including back-up of all data.
Efficient alarm management
The on-call schedule in this new telemetry system ensures that alarm messages from onsite controllers go directly to the relevant people. The system manager can log on from a PC anywhere and plan who is to receive alarm messages from each installation at any given time of the day. Managers can plan for years ahead, and can easily handle day-to-day exceptions to the schedule.
Optimise service and maintenance
Changes in pump performance can be tracked using trend graphs generated automatically by the system. This tracking can give an indication of any wear or damage in the installation, and service and maintenance can be planned accordingly.
The communication interface (the CIU271 modem) enables data transmission via GPRS/SMS from your Grundfos pumps and controllers. The built-in multi-purpose I/O board allows you to connect sensors and switches.
The purpose of CAPS is to provide a complete tool that contains both an extensive catalogue of Grundfos products and a sizing program to select the most suitable pump for your application.
There is also a comprehensive pump replacement selection function for central heating circulator pumps, hot water pumps and wastewater S pumps, and a function for producing professional quotations that include curves, drawings, quotation texts, wiring diagrams, etc.
Last but not least, the software contains the instruction and operating manuals for nearly all Grundfos pumps in multiple languages. Service drawings, exploded views and parts lists are available for all sewage products as well as several other pump types.
CAPS is available in two versions: WinCAPS, available on CD-ROM, and the online version WebCAPS, available at the Grundfos website. Additional features available in WebCAPS include CAD Drawings and Literature.
Select country to contact your local sales company
Select country to contact your local service center