Grundfos DME Pumps must be disposed of according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
To identify the specific product materials, please check the Type key available in the product nameplate as described in the product´s Installation and operating instructions.
Safety related to materials used
- The materials used in DME pumps do not pose any health risk to the person handling them. Please observe the corresponding indications in the Installation and operating instructions for taking the product out of operation.
Safety related to handling the product
- The required safety measures for handling the chemical being dosed with this pump should be taken. The parts in contact with the fluid should be rinsed and cleaned before disposal in an environmentally sound way.
- The product should be taken out of operation according to the recommendations described in the Installation and operating instructions.
- Care should be taken when handling the pump due to its weight.
Disassembly of the Product
Depending on the pump model, the materials of the product components are:
- Stainless Steel of different grades
- Thermoplastics of different compositions
- Elastomers of different compositions
- Electronic scrap
The pump is assembled using Torx T20, T25 and Hexagon screws, and can therefore be disassembled with standard tools.
|Designation||Name||Material||Special Disassembly Consideration|
|1||Back plate||PPE/PS 20 % glass fibre|
|2||Spring||DIN 17223 TYPE C|
|3||Housing||PPE/PS 20 % glass fibre|
|4||Hall sensor||Electronic scrap|
|5||Operation PCB||Electronic scrap|
|7||Gear unit||Aluminium/Stainless Steel||Parts fixed with Loctite glue|
|8||Brushless DC motor||Electronic scrap|
|10||Connector||PP or PVDF or SS 1.4401|
|11||Union nut||PP or PVDF or SS 1.4401|
|14||O-ring||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|15||Venting valve, ball||Ceramic|
|16||Spring||Alloy C-4, 2.4610 (NiMo16CrTi)|
|17||Spring||Alloy C-4, 2.4610 (NiMo16CrTi)|
|18||Venting valve, body||PP or PVDF|
|19||Venting valve, tap||PP or PVDF|
|20||O-ring||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|23||O-ring||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|24||Valve seat||PP or PVDF or SS 1.4401|
|25||Valve ball||Ceramic or Glass or SS 1.4401|
|26||Valve cage||PP or PVDF or SS 1.4401|
|27||Spring||Alloy C-4, 2.4610 (NiMo16CrTi)||Only in pumps with spring loaded valves|
|28||O-ring||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|30||Dosing head cover||Steel|
|31||Dosing head||PP or PVDF or SS 1.4401 or PTFE|
|33||Power PCB||Electronic scrap|
|35||I/O PCB||Electronic scrap|
|39||Diaphragm||Textile-reinforced EPDM, PTFE-coated|
|Additional materials:||Screws, connectors, etc.: Various materials less than 5% of weight|