Grundfos Smart Digital Pumps must be disposed of according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
To identify the specific product materials, please check the Type key available in the products nameplate as described in the corresponding Installation and Operating instructions.
Safety related to materials used
- The materials used in Smart Digital Pumps do not pose any health risk to the person handling them. Please observe the corresponding indications in the Installation and operating instructions for taking the product out of operation.
Safety related to handling the product
- The required safety measures for handling the chemical being dosed with this pump should be taken. The parts in contact with the fluid should be rinsed and cleaned before disposal in an environmentally sound way.
- The product should be taken out of operation according to the recommendations described in the Installation and operating instructions.
Disassembly of the Product
Depending on the pump model, the materials of the product components are:
- Stainless Steel of different grades
- Thermoplastics of different compositions
- Elastomers of different compositions
- Electronic scrap
The pump is assembled using torx T15 and Hexagonal head screws and can be disassembled with standard tools.
|Designation||Name||Material||Special Disassembly Consideration|
|1||Stepper motor||See producer´s specification|
|3||Suction valve complete|
|4||Valve ball, DN 4||Ceramic Al2O3 99.5 % or SS 1.4401||Only for pumps up to 7.5 l/h|
|5||Dosing head||PP or PVC or PVDF or SS 1.4435|
|7||Dosing head screws||SS 1.4301||M5 Hexagonal head screws|
|9||Pressure sensor||Housing in PPO/PS , PCB||Only for DDA FC and DDA FCM pumps|
|10||Dosing head cover||PP or SS 1.4301|
|11||Deaeration valve||PP or PVC or PVDF|
|12||Deaeration valve O-ring||EPDM/FKM|
|13||Discharge valve, complete|
|14||Discharge valve O-ring||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|15||Discharge valve ball, DN 8||Ceramic Al2O3 99.5 % or SS 1.4401|
|16||Discharge valve seat||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|17||Discharge valve ball cage||PP or PVC or PVDF or SS 1.4435|
|18||Flange||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber|
|19||Energy recovery spring||EN 10270-2/VD SiCr|
|20||Connecting rod||PA 6.6 30 % glass fiber|
|21||Gear box||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber|
|22||Housing||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber||Mounted with Torx T15 screws|
|23||Control cube||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber|
|24||Display cover||PC||Mounted with Torx T15 screws|
|25||Operation PCB||Electronic scrap|
|26||Click wheel||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber|
|27||Hall sensor||Electronic scrap|
|28||Power PCB||Electronic scrap|
|29||Mounting plate||PPO/PS 20 % glass fiber|
|30||Capacity adjustment knob||PPO/PS 20% glass fiber|
|Additional materials:||Screws, connectors, etc.: Various materials less than 5% of weight|