Grundfos Large UPE is a canned rotor, centrifugal pump for circulating water in heating systems and smaller air-conditioner systems in commercial buildings. It features electronic speed control of pump performance.
This pump is based on glandless pump or canned rotor technology. The pumped liquid cools and lubricates the motor and rotating parts.
Large UPE circulators are typically used in commercial building like schools, hospitals and office buildings for circulating domestic hot water, heating water and air-conditioning fluid.
UPE Series 2000 is suitable for systems with:
- a constant flow where it is desirable to optimize the setting of the pump duty point
- a variable flow-pipe temperatures.
The pump offers the following functions:
- Proportional pressure control (factory setting): The head is changed in accordance with the flow demand. The desired head can be set on the pump control panel.
- Constant pressure control: A constant head is maintained, irrespective of flow demand. The desired head can be set on the pump control panel.
- Constant curve duty: The pump runs at a constant speed on or between the max. and min. curves.
- Temperature influence: The head varies depending on the liquid temperature.
Thin, clean, non-aggressive and non-explosive liquids, not containing solid particles, fibres or mineral oils. In heating systems, the water should meet the requirements of accepted standards on water quality in heating systems, e.g. the German standard VDI 2035.
In domestic hot-water systems, it is advisable to use UPE pumps only for water with a degree of hardness lower than approx. 14°dH.
The pump must not be used for the transfer of flammable liquids such as diesel oil, petrol or similar liquids.
The pump is characterized by:
- Pump controller integrated in the terminal box
- Ceramic radial bearings
- Carbon axial bearing
- Stainless steel rotor can, bearing plate and rotor cladding
- Aluminium alloy stator housing
- Cast iron pump housing
- Stator with built-in thermal switch.