General Summary: This is a senior technical position in the Maintenance Department. This individual is responsible for maintaining the uninterrupted operation of the machinery in the production area. Tasks are completed with minimal supervision. This individual can plan, organize, and execute technical projects to support production’s needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active proponent of GMU safety programs and processes. Shows responsibility for personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Responsible for keeping the production machinery running smoothly.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance, repairs, overhauls on equipment.
- Ability to perform welding and fabrication assignments.
- Initiates or actively participates in Total Productive Maintenances such as clean and restore projects on equipment.
- Modifies machinery according to engineering and manufacturing changes.
- Installs production equipment, assures that it is operational, and is within safety standards.
- Conducts special projects for production management.
- Determines solutions to technical problems.
- Proven ability to improve processes by generating new ides, concepts, or methods that add value to the organization.
- Shows flexibility and an open minded attitude toward change by accepting reassignments readily.
- Proven ability to train and coach other employees.
Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven record demonstrating strong skills related to safety and quality.
- Ability to assist with TPM program and improve processes.
- Proven record demonstrating flexibility, such as working different assignments, shifts, departments, working overtime, etc.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use a personal computer (database, spreadsheet, internet and word processing).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead or facilitate teams or projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems at an advanced level.
- Ability to troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls and read ladder logic.
- Ability to perform equipment diagnostics and repairs of motor control systems.
- Ability to draw conclusions and take appropriate action based on a broad knowledge base.
- Knowledge of computers and literate in software packages appropriate for the maintenance profession.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to use advanced problem solving techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute technical projects to support production.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or trade school certification, plus 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing industry or equivalent experience. Must have advanced training in skilled field, such as electrical or industrial.
Comments: Must be able to work overtime. Must be capable and willing to travel internationally. Must be able to work various shifts (swing or graveyard).
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.