The Senior Service Manager is responsible for generating profitable Service sales, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below. The goal is to make Grundfos a strategic partner for professional end-user accounts in their effort of improving their pump system process and improve their environmental profile and system performance. The Senior Service Manager must increase market share within professional end-user markets focusing on specific accounts and industries; management of key accounts to secure and preserve long term purchasing agreements, and report specific business, market, and industry information.
- Lead the sales process towards professional end-users with focus on products and service products within specific market industries of Commercial Building Service, Industry & Water Utilities and are directly measured on the growth their focused areas experience.
- The Senior Service Manager is expected to become highly educated in their target markets & service products bringing added value and resource to the sales process resulting in gains in market share.
- Understand the market position of Grundfos products & service products in their target markets and contribute to ensuring that the most advantageous price structure is put forward to maximize CTR and customer value.
- Participate in global, market specific, network meetings and interfaces with key product and other management personnel from sister companies. Stays abreast of the service industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keeps Management informed of competitive conditions and makes recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Promote the Grundfos brand, its products and services and when necessary demonstrate and instruct in their uses.
- The priority of the Senior Service Manager is to call on targeted Professional End-Users firms and Distribution in the territory, to increase awareness of Grundfos, increase Grundfos being selected as a supplier, and develop early awareness of projects and contracts in the territory.
- The Service Manager develops strong relationships with key decision makers at existing and target accounts in coordination and cooperation with local sales management.
- Conduct the appropriate level of product training sessions to increase the contracting communities awareness of the entire Grundfos service portfolio and products.
- Support all aspects of the sales process and contributes to ensuring that Grundfos delivers a maximum value proposition to the account. (Delivery, product quality, response time, pricing, etc.)
- Technically qualified in selection of equipment and scopes of service work without written specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting and emergency call outs as may be required; assists with equipment start up and training as may be necessary.
- Directly manage specific key accounts as defined by the Service Director.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales plans with goals and strategies to accomplish sales targets.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and dedicated maintenance of CRM account details when they have activity with an account. Prepares quotations and negotiates pricing with customers on a project by project basis, in accordance with Company guidelines.
- The main key performance indicators are: Service Sales generated from the Grundfos Service portfolio; secure evidence of optimized solutions & performance at the customer to show reduction in pump down-time, energy & water consumption; satisfied and loyal customers to secure customer retention.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction, and identify and notify management of non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Qualifications and Education
Post-secondary education equivalent to a Degree from a recognized university required, Engineering or Technical curriculum preferred or a combination of education and experience. 5 years experience in service sales. Proven success in sales of service product or equivalent combination of training, experience and education.
- Proven success in sales of service products, preferably centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps or other rotating equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment; and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
- The candidate must be capable of a strategic visions and planning capabilities.
- This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest advancements related to the field and participate in skills upgrading. Ability to travel at least 50% within the North American region. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
- Experience within the field of selling service and service offerings/business.
- Proven customer service experience and being a strong technical communicator.
- Responsible for staying updated on IT tools and new measurement equipment, control units, electronic features and facts etc., working knowledge of computers and PC software, Microsoft Office.
- Carry out customer consultancy & translate the voice of the customer, and provide customers with advises of proven service solutions.
- Flexible with working hours to meet customer’s expectations.
- Contribute to our profile as a solution provider in pump systems and solutions.
- Customer focused with high level of integrity.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions and sound judgment.
- Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Must exhibit good interpersonal skills with customers, sales and wareshouse personnel when group efforts are required to meet customer’s requirements.
- Must have the competencies to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Problem solving capabilities and demonstrate integrity.
- High level of energy, proactive and result driven self-disciplined behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of logistics and supply chain management.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work flow under the pressures of deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language using the telephone and in person.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent technical accuracy and analytic skills.
- Ability to interact respectfully, effectively and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and SAP and an aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
- Proficiency in the French language is an asset.
The incumbent is in a seated position for prolonged periods of time with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk, performs simple grasping, communicates with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job, and occasionally lifts product or other material up to 50 lbs.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.