District Sales Manager – Texas (Industrial)
The District Sales Manager's role is to grow the Grundfos business by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the activities within his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM reports to a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team. The territory for this position would include the states of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. It is preferred that the applicant lives in Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio.
It is the defined responsibility of the DSM to work with the RSM and regional team to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities include:
1. Selling: The DSM is responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts as well as providing sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing an order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process. Grundfos employees must be the brand, live the brand, and present the brand.
2. Territory Planning: The DSM must continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts. The DSM will develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan. The DSM will continually assess current Industrial distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans. The DSM will provide training on Grundfos products, applications, and sales processes, and will provide/facilitate training and education to all levels of the sales channel.
3. Industrial Expert (Temperature Control): The DSM will act as the lead for Temperature Control applications in the US market. This will include helping counterparts with the commercial and technical questions, presenting on Grundfos technologies within the specific applications, and collaborating with other Industrial Experts around the globe.
4. Reporting & Time Management: The DSM will maintain data relative to partners, accounts, and activities, and will document customer interactions in CRM. The DSM will prepare reporting as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional sales skills including key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the Industry market segment and a general knowledge of the other Grundfos target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems (VFD, controllers, etc.) used within the Industry market.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
Education & Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering or a technical discipline is preferred. Business or marketing classes are a plus. 3-5 years pump experience. Additional knowledge related to industrial temperature control, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and chillers is a plus.
Additional Requirements: Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.