This role is a member of the quality and continuous improvement team. They will assist and lead projects for the purpose of improving manufacturing methods using knowledge of the organizations processes. They will also lead special projects as it relates to Continuous Improvements, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering Processes. They will also plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. They will also be an active participant in various cross functional teams, such as but not limited to EH&S, Quality, Audit Committees, Kaizen Events and Internal Controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with manufacturing engineering strategy to achieve the best quality, costs, and lead times.
- Maintain current set up sheets for all standard jobs.
- Establish routings and standards for new parts or modified engineered parts.
- Plan and executes tooling and fixture requirements for the machine shop.
- Participate in the justification for capital equipment expenditures.
- Provide training, and corrective action to assure that the manufacturing engineering department meets the standards for quality and target manufacturing objectives
- Monitor daily production activities. Check for accuracy and performance requirements.
- Implementation of lean processes.
- Responsible for continuing cost savings efforts on manufacturing processes.
- Participate in continuing education as well as train others on new processes.
- Respond with good judgment and sensitivity to inquiries from employees, customers and outside agencies/organizations.
- Work on special projects as needed, participate in meetings and committees as required.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction, and identify and notify management of non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Ability to deliver proposals (presentations) to management team in a way that is well executed analyzed and communicated for buy in on various initiatives.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior proficiency using PC based tools (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and Power Point) and proficiency using SAP, ERP and MRP systems.
- Understanding of C.N.C. programming / editing.
- Knowledge of machining fundamentals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work closely and interface with both internal and external personnel.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment with a sense of urgency while maintaining a pleasant disposition.
- Ability to interact respectfully, effectively and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Understating of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and 5S.
- The individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language and be willing to work in a cooperative team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Manufacturing
- 7+ working years in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Lean Manufacturing Knowledge and or Production.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
The duties of this position require the incumbent to move from work station to work station in a manufacturing environment, Specific situations may require use of personal protective equipment such as, respirators, hard hats, dust masks, safety harness.
Condition of Employment
This position requires the incumbent to staying current with the latest developments related to the position and participate in skills upgrading. This position may occasionally require international travel. The incumbent be willing to travel within and outside Canada occasionally, and must be eligible to obtain a valid passport.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description or task list of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.