Should-cost methodology. Product development. Design-to-value. Do we have your attention?
Join us to become a leading expert in cost and value engineering – and a central piece in the puzzle that will make our products as cost-efficient as they are innovative.
In our Value Engineering & Complexity Reduction department in Bjerringbro, you will become a part of a small team of colleagues dedicated to reducing and defining the right cost for all our products. Focus is on our pumps and the high cost components that go into our water management solutions for clients all over the world.
Bring cost considerations into product development processes
With the overall mission of reducing cost and making sure that cost targets are continuously met, you will partake in product development projects and look at the many different aspects that will have an impact on the final unit cost. This includes raw materials and components, such as metals, plastics, screws, etc. and production processes, such as machinery, wages and much, much more.
You will collaborate with R&D and Production and work especially closely with a fellow cost and value expert in Purchasing, discussing solutions and providing your advice to ensure that the right decisions are made.
“You will become a central business partner on value engineering to many engineers and experts across Grundfos who are ready to receive your input and share their own knowledge with you. By being involved in different processes and decisions across the value chain, your voice may also have an impact on our future products and supply chain,” says Jesper Uldall Nielsen, Director of Value Engineering & Complexity Reduction.
Specifically, you will:
- Explore the value chain and our product portfolio to understand unit cost composition, evaluate should-cost and pinpoint cost saving challenges and opportunities
- Partake in product development projects, providing your advice on choice of material, design, production methods, etc.
- Support cost target setting in development projects and drive the set-up of post calculations to monitor results
- Develop and continuously improve our framework for value engineering, such as the should-cost methodology and design-to-value principle, to ensure increased efficiency and quality
- Work to implement the framework throughout Grundfos, making it a part of everyday life for relevant colleagues
Specialist with technical knowledge
It is vital that you are ready to become a leading player and expert within cost and value engineering and that you have the communicative skills to engage colleagues near and far in your mission. In other words, we are looking for the perfect balance between being the expert on numbers and the technical aspects of our products and being the outgoing, communicative advisor.
Furthermore, we imagine that you:
- Have solid experience with cost and value engineering – or alternatively with mechanical design/production and an interest in the world of cost and value engineering
- Preferably, have some knowledge of should-cost methodologies using aPriori – though it is not a prerequisite
- Are able to travel occasionally, approximately 10-20 days per year, to collaborate with colleagues and suppliers on a global scale
- Are fluent in English
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Jesper Uldall Nielsen, Director of Value Engineering & Complexity Reduction, on +45 24 76 67 15.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today or as soon as possible by clicking on “Apply”. We will screen applications on an ongoing basis and close down the position when the right candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.