Do you enjoy working with data, platforms and implementation of digital services? Are you looking to develop your own skills further as you specialise in one of the data engineer disciplines?
“This is your chance to become an important part of Grundfos’ amazing journey into a digital future as well as becoming part of a great team and an inspirational environment where competent colleagues will challenge and inspire you,” Christian Rasmussen explains.
Drive digital transformation
Joining a competent team of more than 20 competent data engineers and data scientists at our Digital Transformation Office (DTO) in Bjerringbro, you become part of a hub spanning the entire Grundfos organization. Working cross-functionally with digital services, we are part of driving the digital transformation agenda and more specifically, the Analytics & AI Capability network. Focusing and working together on a wide range of projects, we have a wide reach and interact with stakeholders throughout the organization.
”We all understand the importance of collaboration and have the utmost respect for the technical and specialist knowledge of our peers. We love what we do, and the mutual enthusiasm is tangible and heartfelt when we succeed in something new,” Christian elaborates.
Provide data pipelines and emerge in your favourite discipline
As our big data engineer, your primary task will be to provide data pipelines with data ingestion, data integration and security across Grundfos globally. Putting the data in the right place at the right cost and quality is key to value creation with data and to put algorithms into production.
You will work in teams as data pipeline owner with domain experts and analytics asset owners (data scientists) to deliver actionable insights.
Specifically, your tasks involve:
- Enable any relevant function in Grundfos to effectively use the big data platform
- Develop and maintain the Big Data Platform standards with the Big Data Lead Architect
- Research and evaluate new platforms/components/tools for the Big Data Platform together with the Big Data Lead Architect and Chief Data Scientist
- Develop practices for good R and Python code being used in the Big Data Platform. This includes automated testing and pipelines in Azure DevOps and Azure.
- Communicating and coach on data integration, ingestion and security in the Data Engineer community
- Participation in professional community days
Do you make data flow?
To succeed in the role as our big data engineer, you will need to have a deep understanding of data flows, structures and data quality. Furthermore, you will need to know how to code scripts and databases.
In general, we expect you to have:
- Knowledge of C#.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus.
- Knowledge and preferably experience with different data storage types (NoSQL, SQL, Graph).
- Knowledge of the different data quality dimensions and how to apply them.
- Experience with data modelling and ELT, ELT scenarios.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Development is a plus.
- Willingness to learn enough Python and R to understand the Python and R code and to assist data scientists.
- Willingness to learn enough PySpark or Spark R for heavy ELT
- Good communicational skills in English in both speech and writing
“On a personal level, you have an open and forthcoming personality as you interact with colleagues and stakeholders on all levels. You work on and beyond the edge of described processes and tools and are able to handle both the uncertainty that follows and stabilise the work by setting good standards,” Christian finishes.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Senior Manager Christian Rasmussen on +45 20 31 01 65.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than January 31, 2020 by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interviews to be held as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195 or our YouTube channel:
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.