- The FP&A Controller or Finance Manager position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including business analysis, financial reporting, cost accounting, bill of materials, and coordinate activities with GSS (Grundfos Share Services) on general accounting, payables, order entry and billing. Will also liaison with FP&A Operations financial staff, as required.
- Follow, deploy and comply with Grundfos projects with bridging Group and regional requirements into Local solutions
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, and FP&A Operations in accordance with FP&A Operations format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Involved in S&OP process to bridge sales and operational planning activities.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations.
- Assist with the maintenance a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
- Attend daily plant production meetings.
- As manager, provides daily supervision and guidance to Financial Analyst, along with preparing and providing annual reviews and career development dialogues.
- Perform regular walkthroughs of the plant with the Plant Director to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with the Plant Management Team to discuss all plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Conduct adhoc analysis and provide data for supporting business decision for partners.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
Most likely to have 5 years of relevant work experience before entering level besides formal education
Key Collaboration Partners
GMU Management team
Corporate Finance Functions
FP&A Operations team
Education and Experience: BS degree in accounting, finance, or relevant experience. Master’s a plus. Minimum 3-5 year’s experience as controller with a minimum of 3 years using SAP.
Grundfos Key Behaviors
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Persuading and Influencing
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Relating and Networking
- Working with People
- Following Instructions and Procedure
- Fluency with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work closely with senior executives.
- Solid managerial skills and a leadership style that is collaborative and supportive.
- Demonstrated ability to function both as an individual contributor and as part of an integrated team.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication sills including group presentation skills.
- Knowledge of standard cost accounting practices.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.