The Technical Sales Manager’s (TSM) role is to increase Grundfos’ awareness and technical competence in the Groundwater and Irrigation markets. The TSM can be deployed with a specific focus on a particular customer, set of customers, market segment, product group, or distribution channel. The TSM reports to a member of the Groundwater/Irrigation leadership team and their specific focus can be adjusted from time to time based on the Groundwater/Irrigation strategic plan. Please note: this role is posted in mutilple locations as this role is not tied to one location.
Market Share Growth:
- The TSM shall focus on market share growth in Groundwater and Irrigation for a specific region(s).
- The TSM is expected to support start-up & service issues in a specific region for Groundwater and Irrigation applications.
- The TSM is responsible for the overall technical competence of the DSMs, distributors, contractors, and other influencers in their market.
- The TSM will assist DSMs in their region(s) in representing Grundfos at open houses, trade shows, and other industry events.
- The TSM is expected to understand the market position of Grundfos products in their target markets and contribute to ensuring that the most advantageous price structure is put forward to maximize CTR and customer value.
- The TSM partners with the Groundwater/Irrigation team members and contributes to market share research. The team uses this information to determine the most strategically advantageous distribution channels, customers, markets, products and/or industries to engage and focus on.
- The TSM participates in global, market specific, network meetings and interfaces with key product and other management personnel from sister companies and the Denmark BDC.
Technical Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- The TSM develops strong relationships with key decision makers at existing and target accounts, engineering firms and distribution channels in coordination and cooperation with all regional Business Units.
- The TSM is an expert technical trainer and actively pursues opportunities to conduct training at trade shows, open houses, and other venues.
- The TSM supports all aspects of Groundwater/Irrigation project sales and contributes to ensuring that Grundfos delivers a maximum value proposition to the account. (Delivery, product quality, response time, pricing, etc.).
- The TSM proactively strives to maximize Grundfos’ presence with market influencers, ensuring that all possible Grundfos products are applied.
- The TSM may provide on-site technical service; including start-up/commissioning and execution of service contracts.
- The TSM may directly manage specific key accounts from time to time.
- The TSM contributes to mutually beneficial process improvement and productivity gains at the Account Level and within Global Agreement frameworks.
- CRM Notes of Activity: The TSM is responsible for ensuring accurate and dedicated maintenance of CRM account details when they have activity with an account.
- Expense Reporting: The TSM is responsible for managing their expense budget in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
- Results Reporting: The TSM will prepare a monthly report in accordance with specific direction from their supervisor.
- Time Management: Effectively utilize the Outlook calendar function for Time Management & Organization (TMO) and meet all deadlines.
Key Performance Indicators
The Technical Sales Manager-Groundwater will be evaluated on the following areas:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Percentage of new business developed
- CRM activity tracking
Bachelors of Science Degree required, Engineering or Technical curriculum preferred. Plus, 7+ years of Industrial, Commercial, Municipal, Irrigation, and OEM sales or equivalent experience. Six Sigma Green Belt certification a plus. A certification through National Groundwater Association and Irrigation Association is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats and to various levels of customer, engineering, and management audiences.
- Understanding of profit and loss accounting and the basic flow of revenue in an organization.
- Ability to start with “the end in mind”, then work backwards to develop strategies, action plans, and goal measurements
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of groundwater pumps and controls.
- Professional sales skills to the “trainer” or “mentor” level with knowledge and ability to apply PDJA instructed principles and concepts.
- Ability to make business presentations at all levels of management and to various sizes of audiences.
- Assisting with closing and executing projects.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as strong aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
- Be open to and manage change.
- Understand process orientation with certification in Six Sigma to the Green Belt level a plus.
- Ability to travel 50%-75%, including overnights and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record and retain a valid passport.
- Work in a structured way and possess analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving capabilities and demonstrate integrity.
- Personal and cultural empathy.
- High level of energy, proactive and result driven self-disciplined behavior.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.