The Director of Demand Management and Commercial Excellence is a key regional leadership position which has direct impact on the realization of the Americas growth ambitions through the development and continuous improvement of planning and sales processes contributing to our efficiency and effectiveness as an Americas sales organization. This dual role position reports directly to the Regional Managing Director while collaborating fully and frequently with the Americas Regional Leaders, Senior Director of Global Planning and Group Director of Commercial Excellence. The successful candidate will be a member of the Americas Regional Leadership team and serve as the regional representative within the Group Global Planning, SIOP and Commercial Excellence teams. This position will be based in the Brookshire, TX office.
Demand Planning - The Demand Management role provides short term and long-term planning for the Americas region while developing the associated revenue forecasting and reporting. This position develops and continuously improves demand management processes that facilitate a collaborative and performance-oriented culture within the organization by linking strategy and execution to planning, resulting in consistent short-term results which lead to the realization of longer-term strategic growth ambitions.
- Responsible for the Demand Management Process Development, Execution and Continuous Improvement defined as follows:
- Demand Planning – Grundfos, the 4 - 18 month horizon
- Demand Execution – Grundfos, the 1 - 3 month horizon
- Direct the implementation, training and development of user interface tools and reports, allowing for an overall effectiveness and efficiency in the monthly execution of the defined demand planning and demand execution processes, while ensuring contribution to the attainment of business objectives.
- Oversee the analysis of data output for the various business, product, company, country, area and regional views/aggregations
- Report out on observations and assumptions that are key or critical to the development of the plan(s)
- Report out on variations to the plan from month to month (planning) or from week to week (execution)
- Provide recommendations to appropriate leadership levels within the Americas organization under the guidance of, and while collaborating with, the Regional Managing Director and Regional Operations VP.
- Assist Regional Managing Director and Regional Operations VP to bring end-to-end value to Sales and Operations organizations
- Ensure the execution of strategies
- Assist in the realization of targeted growth ambitions
- Assist in the development of a “One Team Culture”
- Collaborate with Regional Managing Director and Regional Operations VP, Sales Leaders, Supply Leaders and Product Managers to develop, monitor and improve planning accuracy for relevant product lines
- Collaborate with Supply Manager for the monthly execution and development of an unconstrained demand plan submitted within SAP IBP as key element within our Group SIOP process
Commercial Excellence - The Commercial Excellence role will facilitate a best in class Grundfos Sales organization in the Americas region by facilitating, leveraging, developing and implementing sales processes and support tools to enhance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency in serving our customers. This position will oversee the key defined processes and will manage direct and indirect commercial excellence resources to deliver upon the annually defined sales organization KPI’s and commitments.
- Actively participate as a member of the Group Commercial Excellence organization
- Ensure regional alignment with group Commercial Excellence direction and leverages/utilizes programs relevant by country and area with the Americas Region
- Provide input to group Commercial Excellence Group for Americas Regional needs with respect to key Commercial Excellence initiatives and programs
- Strategically develop regional initiatives and programs to drive sales organization effectiveness and efficiency and offer these as consideration to the Group Commercial Excellence organization
- Oversee, analyze and direct the reporting of key KPI’s that provide progress indication of each of our relevant sales organizations throughout the region.
- Manage direct report(s) within the regional Commercial Excellence organization to facilitate, support and drive all key programs within the region
- Engage with and provide guidance, coordinate training to all of the non-direct resources within the region that have responsibility for executing our regionally sponsored commercial excellence programs and initiatives
Required Education and Experience
Qualified candidates will possess a relevant business or technical undergraduate degree, plus an MBA. 10+ years relevant industry & business development experience is required.
- Possess a high proficiency in English is required. Spanish fluency highly desirable. Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Proven experience developing, managing, influencing and executing key strategic initiatives within a complex matrixed business environment.
- Experience working in a global sales and manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management abilities as demonstrated by formal educational training and/or through professional job experience.
- Extensive experience leading and influencing teams both with direct and indirect reports.
- Ability to interact and support large, key and strategic partners with respect to our overall planning, execution and commercial excellence processes.
- Understand the full value chain elements and can balance short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Very strong analytical, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
- Expertise in developing, analyzing and modeling business cases.
- Capable of managing several high-profile programs and project activities to completion.
- Comfortable presenting in front of business executives.
- Ability to engage, develop and support partner relationships in the area of planning and execution.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 30-50% of the time. Candidate must be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.