Grundfos Pumps is seeking an experienced APU Supervisor to join its Production team. The APU Supervisor will be responsible to Assist APU Manager to organize and motivate employees toward achieving departmental goals for safety, quality, training, on-time work orders, housekeeping, and other areas of continuous improvement. This position reports directly to APU Manager and will operate daily out of the Fresno, CA facility. Relocation for this position cannot be supported and qualified candidates must have authorization to work in the USA without support.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
• Observe Team Members work methods to assure compliance with work instructions
• Actively coordinate training and cross training, ensuring needed skills and competencies are captured and employed
• Staffing and SIOP process
• Manage compliance with company policies & procedures
• Implement discipline, PDDs and manage employee behavior
• Coordinates problem solving regarding accidents or near misses, report accidents or near misses to Supervisor, encourage and assure good safety, ergonomic and work practices
• Inspect work area for potential safety hazards or problems, assist in the resolution of safety and ergonomic issues.
• Train Team members regarding proper work procedures, proper use of tools and equipment, proper safety and Lock-out procedures and good ergonomic practices
• Coordinate and communicates with upstream and downstream processes
• Kronos (employee payroll), vacation approval and time off coordination
• Actively drives quality standards by verifying standard work processes on a daily basis. Confirms effectiveness of corrective actions and assist in solving quality issues.
• Accurately and promptly identifies, contains and escalates processes that may lead to scrap.
• Report operating status and conditions (breakdowns)
• Actively participates in the MRB process and disposition of materials.
• Drives process confirmation and continuous improvement for the production line, actively tracking OPR, TPM, daily PMs, 5S, Safety & Quality.
• Actively ensures continuous flow within the production line, identifying bottlenecks and implementing countermeasures to meet KPIs and the daily build plan.
• Consistently drives positive, incremental improvements that deliver results.
• Possesses a strong understanding of GPS Tools and proactively supports GPS initiatives, implementing GPS tools for improvements.
• Effectively listens to concerns of employees, speaks professionally and effectively resolves conflicts and concerns regarding the daily execution of work.
• Effectively motivates individuals and facilitates positive team dynamics
• Identify processes to increase productivity within the department.
• Implement 5S & TPM activities.
• Communicate production requirements and assist team to achieve goal.
• Understand SAP confirmations and insure process is followed.
• Lead DAM (Daily Area Meetings)
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a High School diploma preferred. Associate or B.S. Degree a plus. Additionally, 3-5 years’ production experience and have a minimum of 2 years as Supervisor.
• A desire to be in a leadership role and accept the responsibilities of meeting production goals.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to work within a team.
• Understand and demonstrate a proactive safety approach.
• Possess good problem solving skills with limited supervision.
• Proven ability to direct, train, and give guidance on the operation of machinery and processes.
• Must maintain a good attendance record.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Proven program/editing experience where applicable.
• Ability to run key machines within areas of responsibility.
• Ability to work in a factory environment.
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.