Grundfos is seeking an experienced Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer to join its Group SQM team. The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting USA & South America Grundfos facilities on Supplier Quality activities, carry out activities and improvements of the supplier product/process quality, analyze supplier capabilities and supplier processes and report accordingly, lead and participate in projects with inputs on how to secure the required level of quality, will be a daily handler of supplier quality issues through problem solving (8D) and will engage internal and external stakeholders to implement necessary changes to processes, drawings, specifications and follow through with proper change management expectations as needed. This position reports directly to the Supplier Quality Manager and will operate daily out of the San Luis Potosí, México facility.
At Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity, but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
What is the job about?
1. Support on Americas located sites.
• Work with USA & South America sites Quality team to follow up improvements from suppliers related components, based on 8D methodology.
• Act as main contact and interphase between External Supplier & Grundfos site(s).
• Collect Supplier Chargeback details and information from operation, issue this to suppliers for COPQ Recovery and follow up with Purchasing and/or Accounting for final recuperation status.
2. Supplier Contact
• Main contact with suppliers in cases of big supplier issues, escalated by Americas Grundfos plants:
- QIP related questions (return, sending missing component, etc.)
- Return PO (accept, reject)
• Keep the contact with the Grundfos sites relevant Quality Engineers and Managers.
• Collect and analyse Supplier measurements during a VPC related to a supplier part and communicate this to the stakeholders
• Approve/Reject decision on SPA (PPAP).
• Support Purchasing and Sourcing department when supplier changes occur.
• Help suppliers in case of problems in performance preventing local operation to perform
• Control on status of RPO’s
• Maintain contact with the different Grundfos site’s finance and Purchasing departments for COPQ recuperation.
• Monitoring of returned products to suppliers
• Claim and follow-up the actions to external suppliers via 8D daily.
• Plan and perform supplier audits when required and/or as needed.
• Review and accepts PFMEA and Control Plans documents from suppliers.
• Assess risk on potential red alert issues coming from a supplied part and escalate to respective SQD and Management.
3. Adhere to Group Standards, Manuals and procedures; at the same time following local rules accordingly.
4. Stock handling
• Follow up with each site about the blocked material related to supplier issues.
• Support each US and South America site on the follow up with Suppliers for material disposition.
• Support for different projects
• USA sites KPI responsible (monitor and communicate)
• Other activities as deemed assigned by Manager / Director
What do you need to apply?
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering field of study. Additionally, have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (Automotive/ Aerospace industry) and at least 3 years’ experience managing Supplier Quality processes.
• Experience using FMEA and Control Plan.
• Experience in how to read and interpret drawings
• Knowledge on the use of calipers and/or micrometers
• SPC Experience
• Microsoft office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience on PPAP; PSW; APQP; Run and Rate
• ASQ Certification (CQE, CQA) would be ideal.
• Effective communication skills verbally and written
• Well organized, ability to prioritize
• English language is required. Candidates must possess high proficiency verbally and in writing skills.
• Must be able to travel up to 30% if necessary. Thus candidates should be able to maintain valid identification (Valid & current Passport and Driver License.)
If you would like to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on linkedin.com/company/grundfos or youtube.com/user/grundfos
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.