Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load.
This can be formulated as:
SHR = qs / qt
qs = sensible heat (kW)
qt = total heat (kW)
For example, an SHR value of 100 % would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand, an SHR value of 80 % would mean that 80 % of an evaporator load is used for cooling air (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load).