How modularised HVAC systems improve building performance
In this module, we will look at how you avoid difficulties when designing, selecting and sizing HVAC components and with underperforming or faulty specifications. You will hear about how a Grundfos modular solution requires up to 50% less space, which maximizes the building's square feet available for leasing.
Did you know that 76% of new construction projects are more than 25% over budget, and 60% are delayed by at least 10%?
This was the discouraging conclusion when a Malaysian university set out to identify the magnitude of the time overruns and cost performance of construction projects. In fact, 92% of all new construction projects went over time and budget.
Unfortunately, the construction industry globally is facing poor performance leading to delays and cost overruns. These are factors that are fundamental for the success of any project.
In this module, we will look at how to avoid:
- Difficulties when designing, selecting and sizing HVAC components; and,
- Underperforming or faulty specifications.
A simple and easy design process of HVAC systems is an important factor to ensure good functionality of the system once it is put into operation. However, designers responsible for making detailed schematics, drawings and specifications are often struggling with lack of time.
Therefore, the process may result in faulty tender material or designs that do not live up to the expectations of the client. These issues affect everyone who works with the planning, design, sizing and selection of components, their specification and the tendering and contracting of HVAC projects.
But first, let’s discuss one of the challenges that we have identified as important for combatting these issues – the limited space for installations.
Often, technical installations are installed in undersized technical plant rooms, which increases operation costs for service and maintenance and makes it difficult to perform service on site. On the other hand, if too much space is used for technical equipment, this reduces the space performance of the building. Space that is used for plant rooms reduces the billable space for tenants.
However, matching investors’ high expectations to building performance as well as the technical specification requirements can more easily be achieved with prefabricated HVAC solutions.
Grundfos Modular HVAC systems optimize your HVAC system performance and improve efficiency. You gain a technical advantage where you can:
- Reduce HVAC system footprint ensuring maximum profitability of rentable square feet;
- Increase performance of the HVAC system because Grundfos modular systems are pre-assembled, pre-tested and pre-commissioned right from the factory;
- Reduce time spent on selecting and sizing separate components;
- Reduce complexity with Grundfos as the full-service provider and point of contact; and,
- Ensure quality and proof of performance with factory-tests.
In fact, prefabrication and modular construction are considered green building approaches, and the utilization rate of materials is better in factory production.
Utilizing a modular solution means you can optimize HVAC system performance to improve building efficiency, resulting in considerable savings with:
- Up to 50% less space required, which maximizes the rentable square meters; and,
- A reduction in materials waste to just 2 to 3%, as factory production of HVAC modules is far more efficient than on-site construction."
That concludes this module about how modularized HVAC systems can improve building performance.