As a global company, it is our responsibility to play our part in solving today’s urgent challenges. Our four ambitions reflect the areas where we can make the greatest impact.
Our net-zero future at Grundfos
We took one of our boldest steps forward in our sustainability ambitions in setting net-zero and 2030 science-based targets, which have received validation from the Science-Based Targets initiative.
Our science-based targets are anchored in our saving energy ambition and highlight our leadership in taking climate action across our footprint and deep into our value chain.
By 2030, we have committed to:
- Reduce absolute scope 1 and scope 2 GHG emissions 50%, from a 2020 base year
- Reduce absolute scope 3 GHG emissions 25%, from a 2020 base year
By 2050, we have committed to:
- Reduce absolute scope 1, scope 2, and scope 3 GHG emissions a minimum of 90%
- Neutralise emissions beyond our value chain
Sustainability is at the core of the Grundfos 2025 Strategy. Our business strategy is set to accelerate our energy efficient water and digital solutions, as this is where we can drive significant impact on some of the world’s most critical challenges.
Our four ambitions will guide our sustainability future as the areas where we want to lead and where we can have the greatest impact:
- Saving energy through smarter and more efficient pump technology
- Saving water through the development of water efficient and water reuse solutions
- Embedding circular business principles throughout our company
- Transforming water access for people in need
Continuing our journey
Our four ambitions directly connect with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SDG #6 and SDG #13 are where Grundfos can contribute the most by protecting the world’s water, alleviating climate challenges, protecting precious resources, and improving people’s quality of life.
Our ambitions can only be accomplished with partnerships. Customers, employees, communities, suppliers, NGOs, governments, other businesses: these stakeholders are our allies in creating change, and we won't realise our full potential without them.
We recognise and continually contribute to the UN SDGs by finding new ways of doing business — ways that are inclusive and environmentally sustainable.